Author Topic: Help my friend !!!  (Read 604 times)

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
Help my friend !!!
« on: July 11, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Got this email from a friend of mine this morning. Any usefull info would be appreciated .

.Aces High works fine offline, but every time I tried creating an account in the game & clicked "OK" my computer locked up.... had to cold reboot to get it running again.  Thought about creating the account using their website but realized it would be a real bummer to have the 2 week clock start then find I couldn't get into the game.  Just sent an email about the problem to AH support & guess we'll have to wait till I get this resolved before we can get together & fly online in AH together :-(

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Help my friend !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2000, 10:53:00 AM »
Can you give us details  of the system he's using?  Cannot even begin to guess without this info.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
VMF-323 Death Rattlers
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for 15th Panzer info

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
Help my friend !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2000, 04:19:00 PM »
Does he has a personal firewall? Like ZoneAlarm for example?

It happened to me the first time, and everytime there is a new version of AH, I go through the same routine. ZoneAlarm won't let AH communicate with the Internet without asking me first, but all I see is a frozen AH screen.

After two attempts, AH appears in the ZoneAlarm settings, and all I have to do is to configure it so AH can communicate with the Internet at all times.

The other solution is to kill the firewall before going online.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF [AH]
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF [WB]
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Help my friend !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2000, 11:09:00 PM »
It's likely that somehow access to HTC has been blocked by a firewall or proxy of some type.  Also, his system is probably not locked up.  If AH is unable to contact HTC it will continue to try to connect for around 1 minute.  If it fails it will dump you back to the main menu.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS