Author Topic: Night Time  (Read 305 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Night Time
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »
Would it be logical to return night time to the Main Arenas? I know that it was a reason for dispute before because of poor visibility. Because Aces High II has a more developed system for details than Aces High I, I believe it would be able to work.
Aces High II has settings which can adjust the amount of light at day or night. Flying at night offline with default settings, visibility is significantly better than it was in Aces High I during night. Even if it were percieved to be too dark, then HTC could adjust the light level to allow more light if needed, yet keep it dark enough to maintain the perception of night.
OTOH, there are still several bugs with night time. HTC has brought the stars back, which look very nice. Yet, the moon is always visible. It even shows through mountain sides.
The cockpit lights are very bright, and light up the entire plane from external view. They are bright enough that they look like they are landing lights at a distance.
I also hate the sunrise/sunset times

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Night Time
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:50:27 PM »
comon Raptor, you know what happens to these posts.

Alot of us want it back(cue the daddyack post)

But HTC gets a kickback from all the suntan lotion companies and sunglass companies as I as I'm sure you have noticed we always seem to be flyin right into the sun.

Raptor,,,,, you sir can help this with a new terrain, build a map with a mountain so huge that it blocks the sun.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Night Time
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 01:14:31 AM »
Raptor's just trolling for a P38M :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
Night Time
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 09:33:18 AM »
Hahhaaa
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Night Time
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »
since we have 2 main arenas now how about a trial run of night in one of them? If folks don't like it they can make a lateral shift.

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
Night Time
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by doobs
comon Raptor, you know what happens to these posts.

Alot of us want it back(cue the daddyack post)

But HTC gets a kickback from all the suntan lotion companies and sunglass companies as I as I'm sure you have noticed we always seem to be flyin right into the sun.

Raptor,,,,, you sir can help this with a new terrain, build a map with a mountain so huge that it blocks the sun.

There was a quote somewhere on 60 minutes. The more you ask for something to change the less it changes. Hence night which I love, and hate abused lgheys and spit16s