Author Topic: For people wanting gameplay their way.  (Read 2207 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
For people wanting gameplay their way.
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:18 PM »
I am being a hypocrit, but hey, you brought my name into it.  I don't see much of an effort by you or any of your buddies.  My try for peace was met by BK jokes and admin. deleted posts.  I did the mature thing and got laughed at by yer buds.  So I offer you this challenge hubs:  Wing with me for 3 days.  Just you & I, no squad channels.  Your arena choice.  Let's find out if we are as big of a**holes as we think eachother are.  Or maybe we'll find out we are both pretty cool guys.  What do you say?  You'd be suprised at how nice a guy I am when you and your boyz stop calling me/my squad let's see: borg, horde, griefers, clones, sheep, fluffers, robots, etc, etc.  Can ya see how that can get old after every day for almost 2 months?  Cause it really does & I'm tired of hearing it from a bunch of boyz who get a sick thrill outta being the center of attention.  You "men" can whine & moan for the next year and I still won't care what y'all think.  So how about it hub?  Got the cojones or what?  Wing with me.  See if we can get along.  I think it'll be a helluva experiment.  Game?  Or maybe one of your buddies.  I wanna see first hand how you guys do your thing.  I wanna know how it justifies attacking hundreds of players you've never met with all the stupid names y'all come up with.  You guys know how it should be? Show me.

BTW, I have no "extreme views" cause I do it ALL sister, and I've never ONCE told anyone how to play this game, just like the rest of my squad.  Now looking around here, I see some people that better damn well never claim that.

I'll be awaiting your answer Ambassodor Hubs.  Fly with me big boy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:37:49 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 01:31:38 AM »
Originally posted by USRanger
I am being a hypocrit, but hey, you brought my name into it.  I don't see much of an effort by you or any of your buddies.  My try for peace was met by BK jokes and admin. deleted posts.  I did the mature thing and got laughed at by yer buds.  So I offer you this challenge hubs:  Wing with me for 3 days.  Just you & I, no squad channels.  Your arena choice.  Let's find out if we are as big of a**holes as we think eachother are.  Or maybe we'll find out we are both pretty cool guys.  What do you say?  You'd be suprised at how nice a guy I am when you and your boyz stop calling me/my squad let's see: borg, horde, griefers, clones, sheep, fluffers, robots, etc, etc.  Can ya see how that can get old after every day for almost 2 months?  Cause it really does & I'm tired of hearing it from a bunch of boyz who get a sick thrill outta being the center of attention.  You "men" can whine & moan for the next year and I still won't care what y'all think.  So how about it hub?  Got the cojones or what?  Wing with me.  See if we can get along.  I think it'll be a helluva experiment.  Game?  Or maybe one of your buddies.  I wanna see first hand how you guys do your thing.  I wanna know how it justifies attacking hundreds of players you've never met with all the stupid names y'all come up with.  You guys know how it should be? Show me.

BTW, I have no "extreme views" cause I do it ALL sister, and I've never ONCE told anyone how to play this game, just like the rest of my squad.  Now looking around here, I see some people that better damn well never claim that.

Well, after such an enticing offer, let me say that I just can't imagine anything that could possibly be more fun than playing the game with you!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 01:49:32 AM »

I have flown with hubs, and let me say...you are in for a "treat"

He only gives check 6's when he wants to steal your kill :furious

You'll constantly be bailing him out of trouble too...and probably getting yourself shot down in the process, while he will miraculously survive and land his kills to the accolades of his scorepadding squaddies

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 02:03:04 AM »
Kammy smells like hot garbage. Pay her no mind. :mad:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:52 AM »
"Well, after such an enticing offer, let me say that I just can't imagine anything that could possibly be more fun than playing the game with you!"

now comeon... that was damn funny.. I don't care who you are.

ranger... you miss the point....you do tell people what to do...you tell thirty people or more what to do in your squad and it is some pretty ridgid stuff and...

by our way of thinking... bad for gameplay...

I flew with you and we got along fine if you recall.  But then... I didn't have to take orders from you and you weren't ordering your drones to destroy gameplay.

I am sure you are a great guy... you are just a lousy guy to play in AH with left to your own designs.  At least... so far as people who don't like your style of play are concerned..  I am sure that many people who affect our lives adversely are nice enough guys on a one to one.

Nothing wrong with that but... you can't expect us to respect rules and gameplay that make things worse for us can you?   I mean...your rules and gameplay can affect us but we really can't affect you except by calling you on it.

Like you said... people aren't stupid.. they will read what you write and what I write and they will see the flaws and logic in both sides.  well...you only said that they would agree with you but... you get the idea?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
call it like i see it...guy was never a frequent flier but has himself invovled in every post....he insists on rehashing his "theory" that if you are split into wings you cannot call yourself a squad....which is just hilarious!!!!

duuuhhh!!!  nothing in here is real dan!!! nooooothhhhiiinig!!!!

i dont even bother to debate the point he keeps posting because it is so silly.:rolleyes:

so yes...act like a griefer..post like a griefer...mebbe time to look in the mirror and see how you are reflecting:aok

Putz
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 11:48:48 AM »
well dan (guppy/corky) i will say you have been very nice in your posts and i in turn will do the same...

i wish you and your squad the very best....i hope we all can muddle through the changes that have and will occur...

i hope when it is all over folks of all game play will have something to look forward too...if your efforts will enable that faster then Godspeed.

falconwing:aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 03:49:11 PM »
Hubs-it was not meant as a mean-spirited challenge.  I was being sincere.  I thought maybe we could get along.  Well, I tried.  Maybe some year you will take an hour or so to meet the people you are so quick to snub.  Until then, good luck to you sir.

Lazs-That's probably the nicest post I've ever seen you send to/for a BoP.  I really appreciate the tone of it.  If only we could have started off like that.  I also agree with you on the side-switching deal, at least in the EW.  I see absolutely no problem with it, but I will go with whatever my squad as a whole decides to do.  Trust me, we talk about it.  Now there is something I want you to understand about the BoPs.  A great number of us are past & present military.  Loyalty is not just a word to us.  It's is part of us.  Back when we had the old MA, I was proud of our loyalty to the Bishops.  I know of many, many squads that have only flown for the Bish.  Now, with the new setup I really personally don't see the point in it.  The strategic aspects of the game are gone.  There's no reason for players to fight tooth & nail to defend their last couple bases when they can just go to another arena now.    I know that is the part of the game you hate & won't miss it, but many, many of us do.  It was a large part of the game, as it was intended, otherwise why have all the stuff needed for the strat game i.e. bombers, ord, factories, HQ, etc.  Players shouldn't have been attacked for playing the way the game was originally designed and that they are paying their own hard earned money to do.  I am perfectly willing (individually) to do what I can to help out gameplay, in the new form it has taken.  I am willing to try to get good fights going in EW and to switch sides to even out numbers IF my squad decides to do it together.  If no one in my squad is in the EW whenever I pop in, I have no prob. with switching, but if they show up, yes, I would go back to Bish.  They are my squad, my team, my homies.  We have no wish to fight eachother.  Now, let me finish with this.  I have no problem doing these things, as it is my free choice to make.  NO ONE here is gonna ever tell me what I can & can't do, except the HTC staff.  I believe a lagre majority also feel this way.  I know my squad does.
Y'all could have at least asked us to make a few changes before starting in with the names and uber-flamage.  And yes, I am way more agressive and defensive of my squad compared to a lot of others.  That is who I am and I will never let a group,no matter who, repeatedly attack me & mine w/o firing right back.  I know you are the same on that point.  Thx again for the civil post.  It is
much appreciated and will get the things you want a lot faster.  Plz remember that in the future.  Good luck to you.  Hopefully this will all be over soon.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »
Hubs-it was not meant as a mean-spirited challenge.  I was being sincere.  I thought maybe we could get along.  Well, I tried.  Maybe some year you will take an hour or so to meet the people you are so quick to snub.  Until then, good luck to you sir.

Seriously, look at your replies to me, and ask yourself why I would want anything to do with you whatsoever. I play this game to enjoy myself, not have some guy screaming at me calling my names because I've chosen to base my opinions on my experiences, and not yours.

In the 5+ years I've played this game, I've flown for 4 different squads, had well over a hundred squadmates, flown for every country, in every arena, as well as FSOs and the occasional scenario. I do not need you to tell me that I need to move around more and meet the people I'm "snubbing". I was a Bishop for about the first 2 years I played this game, and flew with and around BoP members on a daily basis. During that entire time, I never had a problem with any of you. Since the changes, when you guys became very vocal and very negative, there are a few of you who have become very nasty, and done nothing in my opinion to warrant any sort of capitulation on my part.

Put me on your ignore list, put Lazs on your ignore list, and just let us play the damn game already.  We do not agree, you will not change my mind, and that's pretty much that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:26:30 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »
Seriously, look at your replies to me, and ask yourself why I would want anything to do with you whatsoever. I play this game to enjoy myself, not have some guy screaming at me calling my names because I've chosen to base my opinions on my experiences, and not yours.

Gee, I should have said that first.  Well, whatever floats your boat Sweetheart.  I'm not gonna kiss your butt, begging for you to like me.  I've already stated many times that your opinion means squat to me.  I was just giving us a chance to both change our minds about eachother, since we've never actually ran into eachother I believe.  You don't want it? That's fine.  Game on!  Your charred skull will make a most excellent bedpan.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 07:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Kammy smells like hot garbage. Pay her no mind. :mad:

Better than smelling like a hot lunch... :rofl

:D

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2006, 08:41:03 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

In the 5+ years I've played this game, I've flown for 4 different squads, had well over a hundred squadmates, flown for every country, in every arena, as well as FSOs and the occasional scenario. I do not need you to tell me that I need to move around more and meet the people I'm "snubbing". I was a Bishop for about the first 2 years I played this game, and flew with and around BoP members on a daily basis. During that entire time, I never had a problem with any of you. Since the changes, when you guys became very vocal and very negative, there are a few of you who have become very nasty, and done nothing in my opinion to warrant any sort of capitulation on my part.

Put me on your ignore list, put Lazs on your ignore list, and just let us play the damn game already.  We do not agree, you will not change my mind, and that's pretty much that.

----

one hundered squadmates?????        name 33 of them !!!

jk---couldn,t resist.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »
2001 to present, off the top of my head. Some GameIDs have changed, some guys don't play anymore.

CanDo
55tdoc
pezhead
trgtdron
glase
troll
jambu
mrif
nose
bdbal
limmi
spoon
grim
meddog
93gt
billyb
hawk
golfer
glove
jazz
shawk
bryguy
twratm
hondo
skipz
wolfala
howitzer
coors
nuke
fx1
abdc
madjocko
ogie
mkl
warraidr
redmizt
fugazi
urabus
ironchef
jiggsaw
jigsaw (diff guys, diff squads)
leviathn
slapshot
messiah
nathbdp WOOO WOOOOO
morpheus
mars01
edbert
badboy58
nopoop
hooligan
supadud
megadud
bodhi
kwan
ouch
recon7
furball
stang
drex
lazs
dipstick
checkers
icer
grits
crapgame
redd
xtremej
grmrpr
wadke
pirate

jaxxo

I think that's almost 30. ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:47:26 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

You have to remember that it's been your guys in particular harping about not being able to get everyone on the same team in an arena at the same time.  This of course being because you have six squads under the one name?  HTC screwed you guys over because you can't get all your guys in one arena has been the cry.  I don't recall the Unforgiven saying anything or the 367th or any of the other multi-squads.  Remember, I'm not defining squad size, HTC is.  You not liking their definition doesn't change the fact that they set the limit.

Sorry Gup, but other squads (and not just the huge ones) have had major headache with the new paradigm.  They may just not have thought it worthwhile to voice it here as HiTech 'seems' not to listen.  i.e.  We told them arena sizes were way too small, and they eventually increased them, but still not enough.  Now, the new leveling is in effect and again they remove more "players choice" from the game in a search for something they can never really have.

JG-3 Udet is one full 'Wing' as we call it and half of a second.  However, given we have several members on duty in the military, others on extended medical leave, and some who just don't play very often, we are lucky to get 15 on our squad nights.  I think I've seen 20+ maybe twice in a year.  A nice group for doing missions, but not an overpowering horde by any means (generally, we work alone on squad nights).

Yet, on our squad nights, we spend 10-15 minutes trying to get together in one arena or the other as the squad is inevitably shuffled between the two LW arenas, which is where we want most of our organized activities to occur.  (We do, occaisonally go to the others).

And then, given the still too small arena sizes and the new 'forced' leveling algorithm, our country in LW1 is either massively outnumbered limiting the success of any activity other than defense, or we massively outnumber the enemy such that our ENY is forever pegged at 20+.  If we switch enmass to LW2, our country again way outnumbers the enemy, facing maybe 30-50 opponents combined across the map.  Have to put up a flare to let everyone know where a battle is going to be.  Super drag, and IS in the process of killing squad play, which IS the way we like to play and IS the major reason I stay.  No, it's not just megasquads that are having a problem.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Closer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
Let's close this thread and everybody get a room !