Author Topic: Field resets  (Read 361 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Field resets
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:54:26 AM »
After one side wins the war, all fields change ownership immediately even though there is still 5 minutes or so until the terrian resets.  Yesterday I was sitting on a field in an Ostie.  I had a few kills when the Rooks won the war. Great. Free perkies.  But then the base I'm on turns Bish and I have to ditch and take a capture.
I'm sure something like this has happened to most of us. You are in a fighter just taking off or landing at a base. Some one wins the war and the base changes ownership and you are either shot down by the flack or are so far behind the lines you can't land anywhere.

My wish?  Leave the fields as they are until the terrian resets.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Field resets
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 07:49:50 AM »
I agree, fields shouldn't change ownership until after the host actually resets.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Field resets
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:23:14 PM »
i agree too  :aok

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Field resets
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »
:aok

Yes...agree.

The other thing is to have it somewhere in the Help Lists what happens at the reset if you just happen to be 3 sectors from the nearest friendly field and you are in a perk plane....

Skuzzmeister assured me that it doesn't count against you, but it would be nice to see that documented somewhere.

Also...I would like to see HTC compile a .pdf format "Training Manual" that anyone could download and/or print to study.  

I have been in the game for years, and AW before that, but I learn something new about the game everyday...many times by simply stumbling on it.  The many newcomers to AH would definitely benifit from a manual...and I would too.

Respectfully,

ROX
**PigStompers**