Author Topic: Kurdish terrorists attack NATO-partner  (Read 413 times)

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
Kurdish terrorists attack NATO-partner
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:24:15 AM »
Today Kurdish terrorists of the PKK presented captured turkish soldiers.

The PKK terrorists operated the last months from their northern iraq bases against turkish civilians, killing many people.

But instead helping the NATO partner Turkey to hunt down the PKK-terrorists, the turkish military is warned to defend their nation by attacking the PKK bases in Iraq.

Turkey is a NATO partner - so why there is no help for Turkey when they are attacked by terrorists ?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:18:47 AM »
I believe that we are helping.

It's not like they captured turkey's embassy and paraded the employees through the street full of jeering aholes and then held them captive.

lazs

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »
No - the PKK terrorists just intrude turkish teritory from their iraqi bases, blow up their bombs - slaughtering civilians. They attack turkish soldiers and take others with them to the iraqi territory, presenting them like animals on their propganda TV shows..

And when - after many weeks of these terror-attacks - Turkey prepares to attack the PKK-terrorcamps, many of the so called allies warn Turkey to defend themself by military actions.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:38:17 AM »
I dont give a flying fug. Turkey has been an allie a lot longer than a bunch of kurds who are little different from those we are fighting. Would we have done the same thing to Israel if they didnt show restraint?

Im actually beginning to wonder if there may actually be a secret society where men in white robes with red crosses on them gather and scheme.

~AoM~

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH

Im actually beginning to wonder if there may actually be a secret society where men in white robes with red crosses on them gather and scheme.

I know there is an Alter Boy joke in there somewhere.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
So... you think we are doing nothing?  seems the attacks have stopped.  and.. they aren't capturing embassy personnel now are they?

lazs

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:57:40 AM »
I must admit I am ignorant as to why these PKK types and the Turks insist on murdering each other?

Quick history lesson please........
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
The kurds are a US ally also...albeit an uneasy one after all the broken promises from the first Gulf War.

As to Turkey I imagine the US are thinking "What have they done for us....recently?"
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I must admit I am ignorant as to why these PKK types and the Turks insist on murdering each other?

Quick history lesson please........

I think it's something in the camel fleas... it'd explain the entire region
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »
Originally posted by Curval

As to Turkey I imagine the US are thinking "What have they done for us....recently?"

well the turks did not let US troops cross turkey to invade northern Iraq, the US troops had to reload all their equipment and people back onto the ships and sail all the way around to the Persian gulf to get to Iraq.

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
Re: Kurdish terrorists attack NATO-partner
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »
Originally posted by babek-
...defend their nation by attacking...Iraq.

Like Germany did by attacking Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Holland, France, Yugoslavia, Greece, Russia.. (sorry I lost my count), Mr. Uber Alles ?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
well the turks did not let US troops cross turkey to invade northern Iraq, the US troops had to reload all their equipment and people back onto the ships and sail all the way around to the Persian gulf to get to Iraq.

So?  They are letting us use their bases and airspace to resupply our forces in Iraq.  The majority of all supplies travel through Turkey.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Re: Kurdish terrorists attack NATO-partner
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »
Originally posted by TimRas
Like Germany did by attacking Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Holland, France, Yugoslavia, Greece, Russia.. (sorry I lost my count), Mr. Uber Alles ?

Except Germany didn't have terrorist from those countries slip across the borders, ambush and kidnap soldiers and indiscriminately kill German civilians with car bombs, assassinations and other acts of terrorism.  All the things the PKK/KADEK and TAK are widely known for.

Also ironic is that the PKK and TAK are both listed as terrorist groups by the U.S. but we stand idle while these two groups operate at will out of Northern Iraq to launch attacks against a NATO ally.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
Well I am sure that other NATO "allies" other than the US could help too.
I'm sure Germany has plenty of military left to lend a hand.

Of course we are a little busy trying to stop terrorists in the hotter
zones in Iraq, so we don't have alot of extra help to lend.  Given the
attitude concerning the war on terror in the EU, I think it's pretty freaking
rich that you cry about it now.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
The problem Turkey and the Kurds have is that the kurds want independence.  The kurds are in an area in the Northern Iraq, SE Turkey.  They want to secede from both countries to form a Kurdistan.

Neither country wants to lose the oil revenue.

The problem here is that the borders in Kurdish region are really superficial.  They don't mean much.  

I honestly think we should tell Turkey to **** off.  Turkey was only ever a NATO ally so that we could put missiles there to bargain the missiles out of cuba.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"