Author Topic: What sayeth the masses?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:32 PM »
Jolly...

Don't sweat it. Every good alt monkey knows the best 'nanas are at the top of the tree. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 12:46:37 AM »
Best Bannannas at the top? to bad he got his hand slapped before he got to eat one:rofl

:D :cool: :aok
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »
I was the Yak that shot him, he was with the horde when he left the hangar in a spit, & he was with the horde when he climbed to 20k. He did venture away from his 20 buddies to look for the 1-2 cons comin in from next base, but he dint venture very far from them. Maybe 15 miles at MOST. He claims to have fought us for a couple minutes, but it must have seemed longer for him, cause I killed him in 4 turns. Had it actually been a couple minutes, im sure his horde would have come to his rescue.

Aside from being AFK, I cant think of any reason for a multi year seasoned Vet to be in a spit at 20k when he has 10 to 1 odds in his favor in the sector. :aok  If you can- it must SUCK to be you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:07:22 AM by Atoon »
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:01 AM »
Sorry toon but this is a game and I cant think of any reason for an adult to start throwing verbal insults at another player cause their little cartoon aeroplane got some little cartoon bullets through it...

If you can.....

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 01:48:24 AM »
I STILL haven't gotten verbally abused (200 or PM or otherwise) for making a kill when CLEARLY it was absolutely impossible to beat their uber ElGay/Dweebfire. Not even when using my Corsair Wonder Flaps (TM) on the Spixteen kiddies. :cry :cry :cry

A whole year without a flame. It's not right!!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Lemoo

• Zinc Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 02:13:02 AM »
Well said Mussie.

I would just drink a beer and shine this on. No one likes to have insults hurled at them. Unfortunately however, there are those who do hurl insults at other players, usually when they think they should win the engagement and they don't, or you shoot up thier perk plane or whatever....

They can't be changed or avoided, so in order not to have one's fun spoiled by those who think that thier prowess in the aforementioned cartoon airplane translates into a larger chest or something, one must adapt . Just tune them out. They are not worth your time. There are plenty of good sports out there who are not this way. For those who are not by an established history of behavior such good sports, well,  you know who they are and:

Insult and laff at them...  privately with your buddies after you kill them and you know that they are cursing you and spitting on their monitor. Thats why we get kill messages, isn't it?

Then have another beer.:)

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 02:44:33 AM »
Porkfrog don't let people get the best of you. Don't worry about it that happens all the time. Best thing to do is let it go in one ear and out the other. Then up a plane and kill them again.:cool:
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »
Next time tell em it was your seven year old daughter at the stick and next time they won't be so virtually fortunate!

Or don't bother tuning to 200 if you're expecting something better.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2006, 07:31:58 AM »
Why am I a dweeb?

Because you play Aces High ... it has nothing to do with flying a Spit at 20K ... :D

The 2 proceeded to chastise me and name call until I finally did the same.

Not surprised ... atypical 200 banter in LW.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 07:37:17 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
I was the Yak that shot him, he was with the horde when he left the hangar in a spit, & he was with the horde when he climbed to 20k. He did venture away from his 20 buddies to look for the 1-2 cons comin in from next base, but he dint venture very far from them. Maybe 15 miles at MOST. He claims to have fought us for a couple minutes, but it must have seemed longer for him, cause I killed him in 4 turns. Had it actually been a couple minutes, im sure his horde would have come to his rescue.

Aside from being AFK, I cant think of any reason for a multi year seasoned Vet to be in a spit at 20k when he has 10 to 1 odds in his favor in the sector. :aok  If you can- it must SUCK to be you.

A TEMP and a YAK attack a Spit at 20K and he survives long enough to beat up the TEMP ... I think your confused at where the suckage was.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2006, 07:49:01 AM »
Originally posted by mussie
Sorry toon but this is a game and I cant think of any reason for an adult to start throwing verbal insults at another player cause their little cartoon aeroplane got some little cartoon bullets through it...

If you can.....

Right on the nail Mussie - the key word is "adult".  Nothing wrong with a bit of goading & p*ss taking prior to combat, but verbal insults after being shot down smacks of playground mentality poor loser.

Don't lose sleep Jolly, try more beer.
Whisky

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »
In LW having only a 2/1 advantage and no alt advantage was what made em so mad.   It is really bad when someone will climb higher than they were.  

As was said.. you should have been in a P40 or F4f at 10k...  Why do you think those planes are available in the LW anyway?   You should be flying them.

If you don't then you should have at least waited till they got into position for their runnway dives before you attempted to up so that they could have shown you some field capture strat.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 08:57:53 AM »
Many classic examples of why the game is so crappy today. SOOOooooo many of you see nothing wrong with having 10 to 1 odds in a sector, being a multi year Vet & flying a 20k Spit. NO WONDER its so much easier to find a horde than a battle these days.

If the same situation happens again, I'll tell whoever the 20k spit Vet is, how much I think they suck for being That High in That plane with Those Numbers.  How much advantage do you need/want?  Maybe youd enjoy offline play then?:D

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 09:22:59 AM »
Atoon, so what yer saying is it's ok for you to be at 20K and attack 2v1. But, it's not ok for a singleton to be at 20K?  Here's a question for you... you two were in pretty fast planes. Did you have to attack him? Are you saying you couldn't have flown off and attacked all those other planes that you had planned to climb above? So you attack him he gives you two a fight. You get pinged up but he dies. Are you trying to tell everyone that the guy is supposed to see you and turn tail and slow so you can shoot them down without a fight? A plane doesn't deserve to be at your altitude? It sounds to me that you think any plane that is at your high alt is an uber plane. Gimme a break! Who cares if its a Spitfire? Oh yeah, it's not ok to have a massive attack on your field because you have no idea what to do about it?

What's the matter with you? Learn how to fly! You're so worried about someone else when you're the problem. Wake up! It's a game. JoLLY played the game and fought the fight. You had an advantage but couldn't do it cleanly. That's it! It doesn't require lame whining. Learn to fly better. Don't complain about his flying, complain about your flying.  How old are you 12? And, I appolgize to the 12 years olds flying. They don't whine.

How long have you been playing? 6 months? A year? Yet you have the nerve to tell everyone what's wrong with the Community? And just how bad it's gotten in 6 months? Compared to what? It seems to me you read a few things on the boards and think you've been here for that past 5 years so you can whine like a schoot girl who's had her candy taken away? Grow up.
Ren
The Damned
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 09:28:19 AM by DamnedRen »

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
Ren, perhaps you should take the time to actually read what has been written before you jump on the jolly ole bandwagon-

1) he attacked the temp, I helped a countrymen as I do no matter which side im flyin for.

2) I never took even a ping, I killed him quickly. He just thought with all his alt he could slash the temp & then worry about me.

3) We were that high because we were facing 10 to 1 odds, so naturally when I found 1 of the 20 to be even higher than us, and in a spit, I was a bit miffed. Had it been some newbie, I prolly wouldnt have said anything. But it wasnt a newbie in a 20k spit with 10 to 1 odds, it was a multi year vet. To me- he is the problem, I simply provided him with a solution, & some knowledge.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:35:13 AM by Atoon »