Author Topic: Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up  (Read 4254 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Just read this in the new Norm Chad column:
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »
Originally posted by Debonair
ROFLOLOLOLOLMAO :D :D :aok

Ya fergot Jeff George:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2006, 09:09:44 AM »
six.. perhaps a simpler example...

I borrow on my house to build hot rods... a notoriously loser prospect...

Or... I have a friend or relative who is a junkie or just lazy...  I borrow to pay for his drug habit or manage to scrape up enough to make sure he just gets by..

Now.. I am incurring debt in either case but...  In the former... I am building something and buying and learning to use tools... I have something to show for it when I am done (granted... worth less probly than I put into it) but I have learned skills and... I have met lots of interesting people and interacted with em... I have helped many busisinesses... I may feel a tiny bit guilty that I am spending the money but... I feel it is essential for my pursuit of happiness.

In the case of the latter.... I am flushing the money down a rat hole... the friend or relative is not getting any better but simply becomeing more dependent... I am only making things worse by allowing him to not see the reality of his situation... he knows he can get loaded with his money and if he needs more... hit me up for it...   I feel guilty and worried all the time as I slip further and further into debt.   No one wins...  My other relatives who may deserve it get nothing and...  I am not in a good mood so they lose that too.

Same debt... in one case something is gotten out of it... in the latter...everyone loses.

lazs