Author Topic: Gloster Meteor  (Read 7061 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Gloster Meteor
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
quoted for UNtruth :aok

yup, Grizz has kicked my arse more than once doing that....he locks me up on my 6 (typically I'm in a slow jug)....utterly can't shake him off...eventually the golden Tater ends my misery;
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
Well since this thread was pulled form way back here is a nice link to a fly by of a Meteor. Select the jet link & crank it up.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Aircraft_sounds.html

the boomerang sounds sexier
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
Dear god i hope the boomerang never gets a soundpack. that wail made my ears bleed.  :cry

ill make it extra loud just for u
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
ill make it extra loud just for u
I'll never fly it, so please feel free to.  :angel:

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:39 PM »
So if u killed 5 cruise missiles your an ace to... Come one.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
So if u killed 5 cruise missiles your an ace to... Come one.

You think that trying to down 2200lbs of armed explosives traveling at close to 400mph would be easy?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
You think that trying to down 2200lbs of armed explosives traveling at close to 400mph would be easy?

it would be like an AFK time bomb,   the amount of guys that collide or get too close is shocking   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »
well... -1  the reason is: it dont fill any gap in the planeset/there are much more used types. I dont want to see one more pick n run ride. At least it would never ho you (perks). Historically imo it does not meet the criteria. in the same line, i dont really see the reason why the 163 is here. No V1s in game. It only vulched (sad fact, and a pity). I think its unfair having much more US/GB planes then al the others together (think about IJN/Red/ITA/FRE, not only the luft ines).

Sure if i would be british, sure i would go far to get it tho. But unfortunately im not.
AoM
City of ice

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
Look at it this way if it gets in it's done & so will the requests on the wish list.

Then we will all be one step closer to something to what we would rather see.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
If it meets the criteria to be included in the game, then I'm not against it being added. To me, perking the fire out of it is fair way of limiting its use. Hey Lusche, great new statistic to find: what is the probability at any given time (considering: ENY value, population, map area, length of sortie, density of combatants, etc.) of engaging a late war uber ride (e.g. a me-262)? That's a discrete random variable, should follow the Poisson Distribution I believe.

The plane poll always seems to hit when I'm taking my break, so I cannot vote. If I could vote, I would certainly vote for a plane (or vehicle  :bolt:) that had a lot more significance during the war (He-111, Beaufighter, He-111, Tu-2, He-111... :D).
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
now here is a special video regarding the votes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
. Hey Lusche, great new statistic to find: what is the probability at any given time (considering: ENY value, population, map area, length of sortie, density of combatants, etc.) of engaging a late war uber ride (e.g. a me-262)?

:banana:

We seriously lack (published) data for this. We just have the overall kills & death counts for each tour. There's only so far you can go with these numbers ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:44 AM »
guess were not getting meteor this round  :mad:

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
Nope, no Meteor this round.  No biggie.  I was hoping for the D520, Ki43, or other such obvious missing plane in the set list.

So now my vote goes for the Me410. 

As for the Meteor not filling any gaps, I disagree.  I would have been the bane of the Me262 unless it was moving at 5000mph+ when the encounter began.  I'd also be willing to bet the Meteor would not have had any less of a perk price than the Me262, since the only real advantage the 262 had was outright top end speed.  From scanning the stats, the 262 was inferior in all but the top speed.  The Meteor would have bridged the fastest of the prop aircraft and the Me262 nicely.  I'm not seeing the 410 or the Yak3 doing anything new or bridging any gap, but that is my opinion.  As always, it is good to add more aircraft to the AH plane set, regardless of someone's opinion.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 08:39:25 AM »
  I'm not seeing the 410 or the Yak3 doing anything new or bridging any gap, but that is my opinion.  As always, it is good to add more aircraft to the AH plane set, regardless of someone's opinion.

we need more soviet aircraft, period.   bridged gaps aside, the soviet planeset is sorely lacking.   fact.
-AoM-