Author Topic: Getting started again issues...  (Read 235 times)

Offline Fangio

• Zinc Member
Getting started again issues...
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
Have not played AH in about 4 years....

New computer, never had AH on it before.  I downloaded the game and installed it fine.  Now I need to get joysticks setup, keys mapped, and track IR working.

first issue:   when i open the game, there is a sound like an ack-ack gun stuck on auto fire at a rate so fast its constant. An annoying, error sort of sound... rythmic and monotonous.  What on earth is this and how do I stop it?

When I go in game in the plane in the hanger, track IR is working fine but I cannot figure out how to move my head position?  So my only views with the track IR are with a fixed head position meaning no 6 view is possible (except a good view of headrest).  In the controls it shows the head position as mapped to the arrow keys, but in the plane they dont work.  How do I fix this?

Anyone got a good Saitek X45 stick and throttle program ?

Fang

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Getting started again issues...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:31:52 AM »
Originally posted by Fangio

first issue:   when i open the game, there is a sound like an ack-ack gun stuck on auto fire at a rate so fast its constant. An annoying, error sort of sound... rythmic and monotonous.  What on earth is this and how do I stop it?

When do you hear that sound? Right on startup of game, after you logged into an arena, or when you are airborne (flying close to stall)? If its the latter, its the stall buffet sound (you can tune that down in OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > Game Sounds). If its one of the first two, and its recurrent, you might have a problem with your sound device/driver. Throw us a dxdiag output to aid troubleshooting.

When I go in game in the plane in the hanger, track IR is working fine but I cannot figure out how to move my head position?  So my only views with the track IR are with a fixed head position meaning no 6 view is possible (except a good view of headrest).  In the controls it shows the head position as mapped to the arrow keys, but in the plane they dont work.  How do I fix this?

AFAIK you cant adjust head positions with TrackIR3. That means you need Vector or TIR4. But i have little experience with TIR at all, so you probably better wait for someone more knowledgable to speak up on that.

Anyone got a good Saitek X45 stick and throttle program ?

Im using a Saitek X45 stick and throttle with CH pedals. AH is the only flight sim i play, so I never installed the stick software, i did all the programming in AH (which works fine for me). If you want them, i can email you my .jsm files (stick setup) - but to be honest, it takes about 15 mins to program the stick in AH - with your own layout for personal preferences.
http://www.netaces.org/joystick.pdf

If you run into trouble, we can try to meet up in the Training Arena and ill talk you through setup on radio (ill probably be online tonight, ie around 3-5 pm EST).

Fang
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Getting started again issues...
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 09:53:43 AM »
I just realised i cant give you my stick setting files, as with install of my new rigg, DirectX decided to switch to the German version..... I couldnt even import my own settings.

Another thing i forgot to mention about the X45.... the buttons are named wrond in DX (ie also in the AH Setup list). You can just press a button on the stick to select it for mapping (or even press it twice to open the Input selection window).
21 is only half the truth.