Author Topic: Skuzzy A core question  (Read 282 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Skuzzy A core question
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »
My friend works at AMD and they are testing their new 8 core processors out this week. He said that the testing was on track and it looks like they will be out in 2008. If everything goes as planned and AH cant support duel core then what is going to happen when the new eight cores come out next year?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy A core question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »
Aces High II works fine with multi-core CPU's.  There has never been a problem with multi-core CPU's back to the original HT enabeld Intel CPU's.  Aces High II is one of but a few games which is actually multi-threaded and has been multi-threaded for quite some time.

The problems with the dual core AMD CPU's had to do with a problem AMD had, which was corrected in a patch.

If the game had a problem with multi-core, it would have shown up years ago in the Intel HT CPU's.  The problems AMD had to do with the use of the high resolution timer when using threading.  Anything would have blown up using it.  It was not an Aces High II issue.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:17:46 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Skuzzy A core question
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
So when i get my hands on one of these chips AH with the new patch should be no problem. Sounds good to me..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy A core question
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »
That has been the reports.  As long as the paths from AMD is installed, it seems the dual core issues are fixed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com