Author Topic: Ground Game out of control  (Read 661 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Ground Game out of control
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:50:43 PM »
seems to me the ground game has taken over AH, I see more and more base captures using the ground game with unkillable tanks (from 20 mm fire) etc...

I just died numerous times trying to kill an M3 which seemed unhittable (altho was probably just my bad gunnery)

All in all tho this game has become more of a ground war and sea war than an air war.

I realize that bombing can kill the GV's but I guess it's just I am an old AW type and these GV's just don't turn my crank :)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
I smell cheese...maybe a worm.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »
its out of control !!!  i,m out of control !!!  he,s out of control !!  this whole damn game is out of control !!!!    mmmmm----ooooops --did i say that out loud???   :O

sorry --couldn,t resist.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
I don't know about the "unkillable tank" thing. Yesterday evening I lost the main gun and turret MG in a Panzer IV very quickly to field ack. I've never lost the main to field ack before. Maybe just lucky? I don't know.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
But not to 20mm airplane fire right, which I really don't mind for the tanks but the flaks and jeeps and halftracks ought to light up like a christmas tree when hit by 20 mm.  

Flacks are open topped etc  (all this has been run over before)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline LTARghst

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
Thats cause i wasnt firing at you Irwink!! :t

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »
Originally posted by Irwink!
Yesterday evening I lost the main gun and turret MG in a Panzer IV very quickly to field ack. I've never lost the main to field ack before.  

Really? It's not uncommon to kill a Panzer with a field ack. Tiger is a different story. You can usually track it though.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 06:34:39 PM »
Originally posted by Revor
They are all flying around and stuff and we on the ground but we are in the air come on man.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »
I love that reply Donzo, was a funny thread.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 08:30:12 PM »
to be fair, very few of these AH1 maps have GV spawns that allow "out of control" gv wars....

these arnt trinity or festaMA anymore.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline volvo744

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »
My tigers die to anything. I hate them. Roll'em, generally. I like the variety of the game. 20mm from behind a tank will eventually kill it, I have done it on several occasions, and had it done even more. IL2 works too, eventually. Not as quick as I would expect, but you need to dive, and I auger doing that. Just go for the motor.
So no problem with GV's, I fight in them, I die in them, same as I do in planes. No difference. Needs to be there, the grunts need to do the ground work while the flyboys get their glory. ;)