Author Topic: Ripsnort, advice needed  (Read 168 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Ripsnort, advice needed
« on: November 16, 2006, 04:59:10 PM »
Just as I went to Karaya for sound setup for home theatre I am coming to you for advice on digital cameras. I am thinking of beginning the hobby of photography and am leaning towards digital, so as a Christmas gift to myself I will probably be looking for a good one on sale. What are your top pics below $1,000?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ripsnort, advice needed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:30:17 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
Just as I went to Karaya for sound setup for home theatre I am coming to you for advice on digital cameras. I am thinking of beginning the hobby of photography and am leaning towards digital, so as a Christmas gift to myself I will probably be looking for a good one on sale. What are your top pics below $1,000?

You can't go wrong with Canon Rebel or Nikon D50...both come with kit lenses, for under a $1000. After you get addicted, you can then spend more money on lenses down the road.  If you gonna spend between $500 and $1000, you might as well go full Digital SLR.

Good luck!
My favorite places to shop:
Ritz camera (Free shipping)
Adorama
B&H Camera
BuyDig
Ebay  for used lenses.

Don't get sucked into a NY online electronics store...

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Ripsnort, advice needed
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »
i always use froogle to find deals on stuff like that...or ebay if i want a stolen one:noid :noid :noid :O

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnort, advice needed
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:01:16 AM »
Originally posted by Debonair
i always use froogle to find deals on stuff like that...or ebay if i want a stolen one:noid :noid :noid :O

Make sure the show a picture of the serial number ;)