Author Topic: Nose Art  (Read 307 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Nose Art
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:38:42 AM »
Were do i find info on it? How do you create/upload it? Tried to search the site but no info found so far. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Nose Art
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »
you can't change the nose art, only squad logo's.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Nose Art
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:02:01 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
you can't change the nose art, only squad logo's.

I think thats what hes talkin about here.  IIRC it has to be a 256 color .bmp that is 64x64.  You can either find an image you want to use and resize or create your own.  I have made a few of them in the past and it's not that hard to do.  Keep in mind though that when you are talking something this small there is not a lot of intricate detail thats going to show so just keep it simple.  If you want the background to be transparent so it blends right in with your plane/gv you have to fill in the empty space with a certain shade of grey, I believe its with the RGB values at 127,127,127 that does it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Nose Art
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »
Quoting this link from the help file:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/squad.html

"The Upload Noseart button can be used by the squad CO to upload a 64x64 noseart graphic.  Graphics are not displayed in the game nor on the web page until they have been reviewed by the HTC staff.  The transparency color to use in order to make your noseart blend into the plane is {127, 127, 127}.  To upload a graphic, make sure your 64x64 bitmap file is named with your Game ID and is in your ../HTC/Aces High II/squads/ directory.  Next, click the Upload Noseart button.  Once the noseart is approved, your squad members may force the new image to download by deleting the existing noseart in their ../HTC/Aces High II/squads directory."
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:54:16 PM »
Thanks guys that's what i needed to know, i read the little blurb in the squad section but wasn't quite sure i understood how to create it or upload it. this should help me get a start. i guess the big thing is keeping it simple LOL that should make it a challenge.