Author Topic: Disable gameport on soundcard  (Read 444 times)

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
Disable gameport on soundcard
« on: May 12, 2000, 05:24:00 PM »
My gameport on my soundcard isn't up to the job so i want to disable it and use the gameport on the motherboard.

Windows hasn't recognized and installed the gameport on my motherboard (i have tried disabling and removing the sounndcard gameport). I have manually installed a standard gameport but i just get a "not connected" message wheather in the M/B port or the soundcard port.

Anyone know how i can use the motherboard gameport?  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2000, 07:29:00 PM »
 Disable the one(s) you do not want to use.
Reboot.
 Then go to start, settings, control panel and double click 'add new hardware'.
In the first window click next, next window choose NO - do a manual add, next window click next, next window select sound,video, gamecontroller, then click next,
in the next window choose microsoft from the left column and "gameport joystick" in the right, then click next, follow the next few self explicit instructions and then reboot.
 It should work then.
 This is what I had to do to get my Gamecard port recognized after disabling the sound cards port.

And then it just occured me that the able/disable for your Mother board port might be in the BIOS. Boot your PC, get into your BIOS (often hitting F10 or DEL on the splash screen prior to the Windows startup screen).

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 05-12-2000).]

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Thx Westy - i had to enable my onboard sound in the BIOS before i could install the gameport properly.