Author Topic: Rush Tired of Lieing?  (Read 717 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« on: November 17, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »
Incredible amount of moral bankruptcy displayed by Rush.

The way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high.

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »
I was listening to that show and was wondering the exact same thing. Seems like he blew a circuit.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »
Must be on the wagon or something.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:51:58 PM »
This is kinda old news but I'll bite.

Here's how I interpreted it.

He's tired of defending conservatives that are not at all conservatives for the sake of beating the democrats.

Just my take on it.

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:57:02 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
This is kinda old news but I'll bite.

Here's how I interpreted it.

He's tired of defending conservatives that are not at all conservatives for the sake of beating the democrats.

Just my take on it.

What he explained just after that was that he was not going to do the work and explain or defend some of these guys actions if they are not able to do it for themselves.....either by being poor communicators or just plain ignorant and unable to explain themselves. He said he would no longer do their work for them (paraphrased) and carry their water.

He didn't say that he was lying for them before....just that he was making them look good by explaining their actions and defending them on his show when they don't even do that themselves.

But when he dropped that first line, I thought he'd lost his mind.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 10:45:15 PM »
I agree with Rush.  He's pretty much saying that the Republicans got what they deserved.  The republicans didn't wage the political war in the ways that they had for the past 12 years and been successful.  A result of this is that they lost.

It's kind of like the Parent / hot stove / wondering kid mentality.  Rush is glad the republicans got burned because they didn't do it the way they should have.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »
The way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high.

What he means is a bad republican is a better day in hell than a good liberal! :aok

Oh, and welcome to 9 days ago, Midnight.:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 10:57:05 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:56:23 PM »
Don't forget, Rush consistently states that he is an entertainer first.  Not only that, he unapologetically repeats almost daily that he picks/chooses issues, callers, etc. with the express intent of making himself look good.  Because you see, he's an entertainer not a politician.

So get over it :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
Don't forget, Rush consistently states that he is an entertainer first.  Not only that, he unapologetically repeats almost daily that he picks/chooses issues, callers, etc. with the express intent of making himself look good.  Because you see, he's an entertainer not a politician.

Air America never figured that part out. ;)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 12:07:16 AM »

That's true, we had a guy at work call the show and the screener told him "Sorry, he says you're too smart, try another day"

The guy, an ardent listener since the 80s was left mumbling WTF for days  LOL

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 09:40:05 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
What he means is a bad republican is a better day in hell than a good liberal! :aok

Oh, and welcome to 9 days ago, Midnight.:rolleyes:

Well I actually did a search to make sure this wasn't posted yet. I was sure someone would be outraged at the lies. Or maybe outraged at the unapologetic admission of lieing, but I guess not.

So since the "stakes were high" it was OK to lie to millions of people? And all this from the guy who continually posts about how old values were the best. Unbelievable.

"There have been a bunch of things going on in Congress, some of this legislation coming out of there that I have just cringed at, and it has been difficult coming in here, trying to make the case for it when the people who are supposedly in favor of it can't even make the case themselves - and to have to come in here and try to do their jobs."

Making the case for something that you "cringe at" is hardly akin to "explaining", it is more akin to dishonesty. Fountain of truth indeed.

AND... how many of you accept the "he's just an entertainer" excuse. Kinda like Barbara Streisand is "just an entertainer' or the Dixie Chicks are "just entertainers".

The moral high ground is still up for grabs.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
I agree with Rush.  He's pretty much saying that the Republicans got what they deserved.  The republicans didn't wage the political war in the ways that they had for the past 12 years and been successful.  A result of this is that they lost.

It's kind of like the Parent / hot stove / wondering kid mentality.  Rush is glad the republicans got burned because they didn't do it the way they should have.

Actually they followed the Karl Rove playbook exactly.  While it worked for a number of years, this election cycle changed and Rove didn't acknowledge the change.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Well I actually did a search to make sure this wasn't posted yet. I was sure someone would be outraged at the lies. Or maybe outraged at the unapologetic admission of lieing, but I guess not.

So since the "stakes were high" it was OK to lie to millions of people? And all this from the guy who continually posts about how old values were the best. Unbelievable.

Making the case for something that you "cringe at" is hardly akin to "explaining", it is more akin to dishonesty. Fountain of truth indeed.

AND... how many of you accept the "he's just an entertainer" excuse. Kinda like Barbara Streisand is "just an entertainer' or the Dixie Chicks are "just entertainers".

The moral high ground is still up for grabs.

What exactly did he lie about?  Not that I have the desire to defend the guy but you just got more than a few rational explanaitions for what he said and you dismiss their reality and substitute your own.

Let it go....the dems won.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »
Not sure why you consider supporting questionable policy opinion "lies", but whatever floats your boat...
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 10:07:35 PM »
Not sure why you consider supporting questionable policy opinion "lies", but whatever floats your boat...

Not sure how you can call publicly agreeing with something that you actually disagree with anything but lieing.