Author Topic: Game unplayable (where's the patch?)  (Read 832 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Game unplayable (where's the patch?)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
My computer suffered the greatest ammount of Disco's in about 1/2 an hour 2 nights ago. Discoed about 5 times, getting same as krusty, average of 4 FPS, and whenever a con so much as thought the letter M, I was a slideshow, with intervals set for 5 mins. It is unplayable. I lost count of the times that killed me :cry
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Yes... and no.

You need to find the best refresh rate that won't: 1) cause flickering and 2) burn out your monitor faster.

I had #1 happen to me when I set a CRT to 72Hz once. Also, same CRT ran only at 72Hz for a few months before acting funky. Dropping to 60Hz brought it back to life for a few more years. Your milage may vary.

Must have been an older or cheap monitor. Again, set your monitors refresh as high as it will go.
This does not damage the monitor!!  (granted it was built in the last 10 yrs)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 09:44:14 PM »
Heh, my CRT was new as of 2002 or so. It was a Gateway EV700. Couldn't set it at 72Hz unless you wanted it to burn out in a few months flat. Also I noticed (but I have good eyes for this thing) that it flickered like a neon light at 72Hz. Probably just a cheap POS, but there are lots of cheap POS's in the world. Word to the wise, if it starts acting funky drop the refresh to 60, and see if that fixes it.

Not that it'll fix this AH bug. Have they released a patch yet? (I've not logged in for 24 hours almost)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »
Originally posted by aztec
Great contributition to this thread LePaul.:rolleyes:

LMAO!
:p