Author Topic: the game is no fun  (Read 1954 times)

Offline shamroc

• Copper Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »
I've been giving the new changes a chance.... end result for me ?  

- It's the same small maps over and over and over again
- Ack hugging seems to be the #1 tactic you see in the MA
- Taking any airfield requires  "human wave" type attacks (mass scale suicide runs)
- When people do actually fight, it's mass furballs - oh, you might get 1 kill or 2, but ultimately someone will cherry pick you.  
- Most of the "action" in the MA is stalemates with very few fields changing hands (it's stangnant, not dynamic).

It's nowhere near as fun as it used to be - there's less to do, and it's more tedious overall.

I'm spending much more time playing other games now - will probably cancel/freeze my account if things don't get better... only reason why I'm still here is because I'm friends with my squaddies...

Just my 2 cents.

Shamroc

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »
Theres no doubt if your not having fun then its time to quit.  Ive quit a dozen times, more or less...and manage to enjoy the game more each time I return :D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:48 PM »
Do what most of us have done...take a break.  

Im not happy with the arena split either, Id really like to be able to fly with my squad/friends consistently.  We're split up between arenas now.  When HTC makes some changes so I can, I'll return.  Til then, Im enjoying the break

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
the game is no fun
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2006, 11:26:16 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
i know for a fact no one is happy

I am very happy with all the changes ... as are a lot of other people.

i can up a sorty any night (during peak) and find something enjoyable to do but i can see what some of these fogies are talking about.. for me ah peaked just b4 ah2 came out.. the arena's werent huge and there was 500+ players online during peak.. and for the most part there wasnt a huge overflow of new players watering down the gameplay.. a good majority of the peak time players were atleast average..

since then due to many reasons (old age?, system specs?) a good majority of them players have left and we're left with what we have now.. which is a prettier, but spread thin, watered down version of AH..

One aspect of the game that sticks out to me that has dwindled is the squads.. i mean remember 13tas, hornets, aom, aks, mw's, jb's, giaps, maws, bops, and bk's ect? once great squads for whatever reason.. neither of them is a resemblence of their former selves..

shoot all i'd have to do is find out where u were up a spit5 and search the deck for another spit and BINGO! "theres slappy, this is gonna be good" ..
i could do the same for any member of either of those other squads back then.. now i cant do that.. so i can see why some are disappointed in the game nowadays in comparison to them days..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Re: OZZ
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 02:20:26 AM »
Originally posted by reacher15
i'm telling you what i know...if you not one of the ones that are not don't reply to my thread.

You have said everyone is not happy which OOZ pointed out is not the case......

I believe he and others who disagree with you are part of "everyone" and this includes myself....

And being part of "everyone" do not speak for me... I'm happy and having fun
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:35:52 AM by sgt203 »

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 02:26:30 AM »
ive ben doin dsome thinking and i have decided athta you guys need ot stop wining. YHou eihter playh or you dont but you do so shut up. if you dont like it play wow everyhoine else does. maynbe its the alkohol but i think you need to stop wining.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
the game is no fun
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »
I tHiNk U N3eD t0 StuFf iT U NOoB
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
the game is no fun
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 06:50:07 AM »
This subjects seems to be getting a little bit old... but just for the record I would rather have one LWM. (more people = more fun)

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2006, 07:14:15 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
I tHiNk U N3eD t0 StuFf iT U NOoB

u

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
the game is no fun
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
i can up a sorty any night (during peak) and find something enjoyable to do but i can see what some of these fogies are talking about.. for me ah peaked just b4 ah2 came out.. the arena's werent huge and there was 500+ players online during peak.. and for the most part there wasnt a huge overflow of new players watering down the gameplay.. a good majority of the peak time players were atleast average..

since then due to many reasons (old age?, system specs?) a good majority of them players have left and we're left with what we have now.. which is a prettier, but spread thin, watered down version of AH..

One aspect of the game that sticks out to me that has dwindled is the squads.. i mean remember 13tas, hornets, aom, aks, mw's, jb's, giaps, maws, bops, and bk's ect? once great squads for whatever reason.. neither of them is a resemblence of their former selves..

shoot all i'd have to do is find out where u were up a spit5 and search the deck for another spit and BINGO! "theres slappy, this is gonna be good" ..
i could do the same for any member of either of those other squads back then.. now i cant do that.. so i can see why some are disappointed in the game nowadays in comparison to them days..

I agree with everything you have said ... I too remember those days and they were fun ... today there is a different fun, and I am enjoying it immensely.

My new found enjoyment is due to the arena split and the MW arena, probably because it does resemble the "old" days ... to me. A limited number of players that are, for the most part, focused ... rather than a bunch of rabid rats at a feeding frenzy running around chewing up everything in sight with no real direction ... just massive numbers.

Before this change ... I pretty much flew "lone wolf" fighter sorties ... since the change, I have participated in more "kaptures" in the past month than I have in the last 2 years ... which isn't a hard thing to do cause in the past 2 years ... I can only remember 1 base capture that I participated in ... Stang's Stuka Capture.

Also, I have started to fly with people that I never flew with before ... I saw their names a lot ... but never flew with them ... and I am finding their company rather enjoyable. I flew with Cooley and his crowd last night ... great bunch of guys.

T-Dub ... this game will ALWAYS evolve and when it stops to evolve ... thats when this game will be in trouble. Evolution brings change and those who can't change ... will die off.

As the game has changed, in all the years that I have played, I have never see HT back off a change ... so all this whining and nashing of teeth about the latest changes is all for naught ... evolution does not go backwards ... and neither does HT.

I have changed ... I am still flying low over the water, but not in a Spit anymore ... its been replaced with a WildCat ... :D ... come find me.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: OZZ
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »
Originally posted by reacher15
i'm telling you what i know...if you not one of the ones that are not don't reply to my thread.

If you do not want feedback then don't post on our BBS :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)