Author Topic: anti gangbang idea.  (Read 338 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
anti gangbang idea.
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »
someone brought up the subject of the lower numbers country getting gang banged in the "new maps" thread and i just come up with a bit of a idea.

currently we have a perk modifer that works server wide but what if it worked per contry?

ie

sides:
A: 100
B: 100
C: 50

if A or B attack/kill a C, they only get a 0.5 perk modifier

but if A attack B they get a 1 perk modifier?

that way people (not all) will less likely gang the low numbers side. and some will instantly put this as crazy talk, no one cares. well just because you dont doesnt mean someone else doesnt.

However maybe a server balance script would be better (the 2 late wars have equal numbers almost EVERY time if you add them up, but theres often a massive imbalance in both servers.)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »
I like it, BUT the "Gravy Train" wishers of Free Perks, will disagree.   "Why ruin a good thing right?"
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:57:42 PM »
Overlag ... at least your trying ... :aok

A & B will ALWAYS wack C because it is safer and there is a better chance to win the "Race to the Reset" ... minimizing their perks as they wack C I don't think would have any effect.

After all, you get a whopping 25 perks per category when you "Win the War" ... and for some ... that is really the only way they can accumulate perks.

And for some of us ... perks mean nothing.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
The people more interested in perks than a numerical advantage are already flying for the underdog countries anyway. The only surefire way to bring balance to the arenas is for HT to force it. Nothing else will work.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I like it, BUT the "Gravy Train" wishers of Free Perks, will disagree.   "Why ruin a good thing right?"

"free perks" would be switching to the side that has 50, and gaining a 2 perk modifier ;)  (hence i knit :p)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:39:46 PM »
I think HiTech should just start changing the names of the chess pieces randomly.  Everyone in country 1 is still country 1, but now called Rooks instead of Bish.  I can see the heads exploding right now! :lol :t

Seriously though, it might help :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
anti gangbang idea.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
I think HiTech should just start changing the names of the chess pieces randomly.  Everyone in country 1 is still country 1, but now called Rooks instead of Bish.  I can see the heads exploding right now! :lol :t

Seriously though, it might help :)

Cool idea ...

How about ...

Country 1

EW - Spades
MW - Kings
LW - Bishops

Country 2

EW - Diamonds
MW - Jacks
LW - Knights

Country 3

EW - Clubs
MW - Deuces
LW - Rooks

People wouldn't know whether to crap or wind their watch.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."