Author Topic: THIS wasn't a 'botched' joke  (Read 257 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
THIS wasn't a 'botched' joke
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
And it's damn near impossible to find it outside of the internet--die-hard lib types of Rangel's ilk can't imagine someone wanting to be in the military because of sense of duty or loyalty to one's country

link

I want to make it abundantly clear: if there’s anyone who believes that these youngsters want to fight, as the Pentagon and some generals have said, you can just forget about it. No young, bright individual wants to fight just because of a bonus and just because of educational benefits. And most all of them come from communities of very, very high unemployment. If a young fella has an option of having a decent career or joining the army to fight in Iraq, you can bet your life that he would not be in Iraq.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:09:49 PM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »
I want to make it abundantly clear: Rangel's an idiot.

And yet he admits he was in the military when he was 18 years old.

:huh
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 10:55:54 PM »
I think what troubles me most about contemporary america is that so much of our culture is not worth discussing.  We have become such a wasted and ignorant nation, as is made abundantly clear by the quality of the people we manage to elect as our representatives.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:56:51 PM »
Please tell me you didn't just lump the decision makers of NY with the rest of the country?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »
Woa Woa fellas.....lets make sure this isn't just right wing spin here.....I mean it could be taken all out of context.

We can't just dog pile on the guy because he say's our military is 1) Uneducated and/or unemployable 2) comes from poverty and 3) Doesn't like to fight.

He may have said it but that doesn't mean that most liberals out there arent thinking it.....secretly.....afraid to say it because they know they look at the military with disgust and think that most problems in the world can be solved by diplomacy and talking it out.

nay....lets not jump to any conclusions.

This has got to be just conservative talking points.

:rolleyes:

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
Contact Info...

New York Office
163 West 125th Street, Suite #737
New York, NY 10027
Office: (212) 663-3900
 Fax: (212) 663-4277

Washington D.C. Office
2354 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Office: (202) 225-4365
Fax: (202) 225-0816
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:17:44 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Please tell me you didn't just lump the decision makers of NY with the rest of the country?

His brush might be a little broad, but then again, have you SEEN, or HEARD the average elected official in this country lately? From ALL parties? The language filter on this board precludes the use of words that adequately describe the average elected official in the U.S. And that includes about 80% or more of them.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe