Author Topic: Windows Auto Update Porked?  (Read 173 times)

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Windows Auto Update Porked?
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »
As anyone heard anything funny about the latest windows update acting screwy? I had mine set on Automatic, and saw there was an update, usually no biggie, let it do it's thing, this is Friday BTW. Later on in AH disco city, 1 bout evry 20 mins or so, if not more frequent. Did restore to last Wednesday, set Updates to "Automatic download, but notify me to install", figuring I just wouldn't install the update it downloaded. Playing AH today, starts acting funny, then bam disco, as soon as I get to desktop, I notice the Update icon in the taskbar. Hmmmmmmmmm.

My senses tell me that the Automatic Downloader Thingamagig is fried up.
I'm restoring to Wednesday again, and turning Automaic Update OFF! We'll see how it goes.

EDIT:Had Auto Update to"Notify Me when updates available only". Saw the new update is IE 7.0, I'm stayin away from it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:52:53 PM by Dace »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
I turned it off. It was more of a resource hog than anything, and annoying as hell when it wanted to install things. I just now periodically check the webpage, and install the things I see fit. I turned off the auto update totally.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 06:12:11 PM »
Welp that wasnt it.....can't go a full sortie without discoing. For some reason since friday i get 'Lost UDP switch to TCP' then 'Host Lost Connection' pretty frequently. Sux bad.