Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:51 PM »
:cool:
:aok
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »
Bat, dont you really see why people are amused? Your whine is nothing more than another "everyone should play like I do" post.

Honestly... "Faking a cold merge"??? ... at MA? :D

I bet you are a great stick, but you'll have much more fun if you wont expect anything from the various kinds of players at MA. Everyone has their own fun.

Best of luck for yor future merges :aok

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »
Another thing, I've now noticed folks using "Tactics derived from Last Friday's Dogfights Episode", are now pawning it off as Gospel, and "I already knew that."    

Sad.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »
Did you film this Batty?  I am not questioning what you claim.  I would just be interested to see how it looked on both ends.

Dave

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 02:01:14 PM »
I haven't been hoed for months.I never go for a straight hth as i always expect being hoed.Maybe the best solution is just to avoid head to head, no matter who you fight against?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »
thank you karaya, you've always been proud to state your opinion even when you kow it wont be agreed with.

nomak, sadly no, i didnt film.   maybe the player in question did and would like to post showing exactly why he thoughtit was a fair move to do. if he has a point that i can see i would gladly relent and appologise.

and yes, blauk, i do have alot of fights with people that 'cold merge'

its not so bad you should try it.

i'm nothing more than an average fighter in this game, but i hold a few things dear to me.

having the balls to fight past the HO is one thing i respect alot.

good luck on my future merges?

screw that im flying 190s and tempests from now on and HO'ing everyone. :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

screw that im flying 190s and tempests from now on and HO'ing everyone. :D

Thats pretty hard if your enemy decides not to HO you back, u know ;)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 02:06:21 PM »
Bat:

I'm no ace, but I'm wondering how he got that shot if you did a good lead turn (vertical or horizontal)?

When I see someone minimizing separation (ie coming right at me) I generally never let them that close before starting the immel variation. The guys who want to HO pull hard for a lead shot that just ISNT gonig to happen, and when I come over the top they've blown so much E that they're easier meat than even their now demonstrably low skill levels would predict.

Good players respond to the lead turn with their own maneuvers, and generally shoot me down within 60-90 seconds....but that's another story.

Anyway, in my limited experience I cant remember offering a HO opportunity except when i madea  mistake.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:08:37 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
Originally posted by duh
I haven't been hoed for months.I never go for a straight hth as i always expect being hoed.Maybe the best solution is just to avoid head to head, no matter who you fight against?

There are certain planes that I just expect a head-on from:  Hurri IIC, 110G, the FWs, the Nik, and the Cannon Corsair.  (Oddly, Typhoon pilots don't seem to do it as much as I'd expect.)

I've often said that I see nothing paticularly wrong with head-on attacks, but I appreciate Batfink's distress when he thought he was going to get a serious fight and instead got a sucker punch.  I guess you just make a mental black mark next to the opponent's name.

- oldman

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
The best fights are those that require you to push yourself and your virtual ride to the limits....

I just whish all of them could be like that....

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 02:10:48 PM »
"the enemy digs his rudder as hard as he can and shoots me right in the face, tearing me to shreds......"

I hate to say it but, pretty cool tactic.  He faked you into a "no HO" so you did not bother with more separation.  Did he counter his rudder with opposite airelons for a side slip?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:13:56 PM by 2Slow »
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Another thing, I've now noticed folks using "Tactics derived from Last Friday's Dogfights Episode", are now pawning it off as Gospel, and "I already knew that."    

Sad.

theres a big difference from a p40 hoing a paper jap plane to this situation.. though i'd like to see the film too.. i just dont see why they'd wait till D50 to fire.. u had to of givin em something to shoot during the merge.. well thats just my theory anyways :D ..

I normally wouldnt shoot but many times when ive merged with something they'd mistakenly pull up almost right infront of me and give me a full belly target and i end up shooting their tail off.  or if they try to dve under me i'll roll over and shoot the canopy.. either way fair shots imo considering the ma enviroment..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »
well well well, whaddaya know. i did film it.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/niceHO.ahf
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
theres a big difference from a p40 hoing a paper jap plane to this situation.. though i'd like to see the film too.. i just dont see why they'd wait till D50 to fire.. u had to of givin em something to shoot during the merge.. well thats just my theory anyways :D ..

I normally wouldnt shoot but many times when ive merged with something they'd mistakenly pull up almost right infront of me and give me a full belly target and i end up shooting their tail off.  or if they try to dve under me i'll roll over and shoot the canopy.. either way fair shots imo considering the ma enviroment..

I understand and agree, my point is this game has gone from "Fighting" to "Playstation Mentality".   Why fight when you can either
or
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

there is a big difference between swinging your nose round and finding someone coming head on shooting you, and flying level at each other from beyond icon range and 'faking' the cold merge untill last second.

i dunno that rudder kick at the last second and getting hits on target - sounds pretty pro to me...

kinda like a faking punt for a touchdown for the win if ya ask me....:rofl