Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8804 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2006, 12:00:58 AM »
duely noted, nothing on these boards should be taken personaly despite how difficult that may be at times.

appologies for my poor comprehension of your words.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2006, 01:04:09 AM »
I think many are missing the point!  Its not that I agree with Bat, I actually stated earlier that I don't think that many vets would call this a HO, they would call it a high deflection.  But nonetheless, it is a cheap way to fight in a 1 vs 1 with noone else around, "if" you value the fight and not the kill!  A kill without the fight is just plain boring!  How many times do you think a guy will hit that shot and still get gratification out of it?  Apparently, many never lose their affection with these types of "wins".  For me, I lost the enjoyment of a kill like that about 1 1/2 years into the game.  I still find it hard to believe that stiks of the caliber that are posting here state that they would take that shot giving that they are the only ones around and its a 1 vs 1.  The way I saw the film, and putting myself in AKelfy's position, that would have been the last shot I would have went for.  If he misses that shot, because he nosed down and was gaining speed, he would have left himself vulnerable to a kill shot on next merge, or been forced to egress out of the fight to start over again.  Which is why I stated that elfy would have been running to the cv ack if he'd had missed.  But to get back to the point of the thread, there was no "fight" there and therefore the sortie ended boring, plain, predictable, and "pointless!"

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2006, 01:22:25 AM »
lol skyrock it wasnt cheap at all.. go watch the film again.. bat broke too soon, never truelly merged with him and got shot up.. maybe things would have been more of a duel if they actually merged.. instead bat tried to bait him and ended up being the fish wiggling at the end of the line..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2006, 02:11:04 AM »
i strongly, respectfully, disagree with the line 'bat tried to bait him' TW.

i also think i have a right to disagree because you are telling me what i did, which is infact false and only i can 'know' what i did.

if i wanted to bait him, i would have offered my tail, dived away to equalise E states, then attempted a high speed rolling reversal.

my only attempt at anything was to start the fight head to head in the hopes that my enemy would A) not HO or B) miss the ho and lose angles, whith a far greater thought that option A) would be the case.

i never will try to deny that i let myself get shot up, and i never will try to claim that i, or anyone, deserves the right of a cold merge. what i will claim is that in the spirit of fair play i tried to merge cold and head on, and got sucker punched with a cheap shot.

only I, thinking what i thunk as we approached, can believe this, but i swear it to you that i was not in anyway trying to 'bait' or 'trick' the enemy into being killed easily.

what infact appears to be the case from my perspective is the complete opposite. the enemy lulled me into a flase sense of fairplay and a cold merge DA fight that many people will gladly offer in return, and then pulled into me at the last possible second and got a good hit on me.

fair enough, i lost, he won, im the fool.

doesnt mean i don't think it was cheap and representative of the major downfall in MA style gameplay, and very much what i consider a head on merge shot.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:14:24 AM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2006, 02:46:42 AM »
Any dogfight where you get shot up, crash and can walk away from...is a good one. :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
lol skyrock it wasnt cheap at all.. go watch the film again.. bat broke too soon, never truelly merged with him and got shot up.. maybe things would have been more of a duel if they actually merged.. instead bat tried to bait him and ended up being the fish wiggling at the end of the line..
Like I said TW, Most vets will agree that it was a high deflection shot that many of them would have taken.  Then what would you do?  Fly around looking for what?  Maybe another encounter that ends in a high deflection/no fight Head-on kill!  It is purely my opinion that shots like these are cheap and worthless to the fun of the "fight!  I watched the film and AKelfy in his usual style, when he's in a CHOG, is coming straight at the guy looking for that Head on shot, where as myself and others like me are anticipating the fun of an angular, E- draining brawl!  Many of you must not fly around elfy that much, he's a good fella, but a cheap running woos as an enemy!  He will go for that Head-on everytime reguardless if Bat gave it to him this time or not!  Now, I am sorry that my opinion of these types of shots turned into my opinion of the player who took this one, but he's shot at me trying to HO me countless times, unfortunately for him, I don't give him the shot unless barely off the ground taking off, which also happens very often!  Usually after he misses its off to the races, that is unless he has squaddies around, then bring on the gang bang! I know the AK's are good people and several in the squad are exceptionally fun dogfighters..............but not all of them!:aok Oh, and by the way, consider that we know Bat will want to fight and was setting up the angles a little to soon and got caught, AK was setting nothing up but the Head-on via a game of chicken!  I can just here it now, if Bat doesnt turn and give him the high deflect, he still HO's and says, "Don't fly straight at me!"  LMAO!  I found it's much easier to kill HO dweeebs like elfy if you just give them your 6 and reverse them into He11!  :t          

PS. Don't take these posts too seriously as this is just a BBS for a GAME!:aok

PS. #2  These shots given the fact that only two guys were around, was exactly as bat said, "Pointless gameplay"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:00:29 AM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2006, 09:21:59 AM »
I dont mind the HO shots, its the ramming that follows that really cheapens the game for me.  Some guys wont even fire they just try to ram at the merge.  the ram tactic is just like throwing dice.  For the guy who is pure gamer and sucks, the ram is the best option.  HT needs to rethink how he has the collision model designed.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
my point is this game has gone from "Fighting" to "Playstation Mentality"

That sums up the opinion of many vets in a nutshell.

I for one always expect the HO, even when it looks cold.

...and you are far from "average" skillwise bat!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »
Snick........................ ............................. ..................er!
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2006, 11:43:35 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
...snip...

its just how some of us play the game that some of you will never understand.

...snip...

Bat, your a good pilot and can routinely whip my butt when we fight. But I really don't understand your position here.

"The game that we play" is simulated air combat. The formal duel or the freeform dogfight, whatever format we're in, it boils down to pretending we fly fighters as if we were facing an enemy -- with all the skilled flight control and tactical intelligence we can muster.

So can you even imagine a situation when a combat pilot would either deliberately allow an opponent a kill opportunity, or would pass up a kill opportunity himself?

Part of the simulation/immersion is to NOT allow oponents those opportunities. You cant claim to have good air COMBAT maneuvering if you allow your enemy the chance to kill you...If you don't prevent that, then you have a hole in your armor, or rust on your rifle. You're just not doing your job -- especially when a good merge alone should win the fight against someone who immediately gives up angles for the HO shot.

So in this circumstance, if he had the shot on you, you had a bad merge -- you messed up. You used ACM tactics that do NOT simulate air combat.

So why blame him?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:51:25 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2006, 12:02:47 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

if i wanted to bait him, i would have offered my tail, dived away to equalise E states, then attempted a high speed rolling reversal.

u did show him ur tail. the whole right quarter of it..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Hmmmm
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2006, 12:34:13 PM »
I watched the film from both perspectives....and I saw AKelfy do nothing that any good Corsair pilot wouldn't have done....he rolled into you....and shot your tail off. Good deflection shooting on his part.

How can one shoot off your tail in an HO?
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »
You boys keep propping up the HO dweebs like elfy, I'm sure he's reading this thinking to himself......see everybody HO's like I do!:rolleyes:

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »
SkyRock...your posts indicate that you have a personal agenda...

The film shows otherwise.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Hmmmm
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »
Originally posted by Patches1
....and I saw AKelfy do nothing that any good Corsair pilot wouldn't have done....he rolled into you..

Your image of a good corsair pilot is disrespectful to those who actually know how to fly the plane!  In game of course!  Also you miss the point of the thread, it's about two pilots meeting up in a desolate part of the map.  same plane, relatively same alt and speed, and a merge.  Shooting on the merge in this sitiuation tells me someone "doesn't" have the confidence in piloting the corsair!  Like I said before, if you know elfy, if he misses that shot he runs to ack!   Please refrain from calling those tactics good Hog piloting!   Cheap, pointless, gameplaying!