Author Topic: host lost connection  (Read 718 times)

Offline xREAPERx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/_xreaperx_
host lost connection
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »
same here
xREAPERx tours 76-133 HITMAN tours 140-present

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
host lost connection
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 02:56:51 PM »
Ok, with much fear and trembling....

It's been a week now and I have not had a disco yet!
The Hay Street Boys

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
host lost connection
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »
Well, just as I feared.   The discos are back.  As bad as ever.  I've disco'd every night I've been on for the last three.  Pretty discouraging.   It appears I gave up my dual monitor for nothing.

Back to the drawing board.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
It now takes Two attempts to sign on
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »
I'm not sure that this is the same issue but I have noticed that with the last two patches I have lost the ability to connect on my first attempt.

When I signon, I select an arena and the game goes through the load process and preloads my text buffers but when I finally enter the tower I have the HOst Lost connection message.  I click OK and start the sign on process again. and the second time it works.  I've done it with everything shut down, and it still ends with the same result.  I have had to go through the signon process twice each and everytime I signon.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
host lost connection
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 02:33:25 PM »
Your computer is taking too long to preload and thus timing out on the arena connection.  The second time you try it, Windows has all the files in its cache, which copies into AH much faster.

I am going to presume you are preloading skins, which is a problem.  No one has a computer with enough RAM to preload all the skins in the game and play the game without swapping.  Disable skin preloads.

And if that is not the problem, then something else is amiss.  Might need to dump the AH2 cache.  There should not be too many files for it to load fresh and make the connection to the arena, unless something has run amok.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com