Author Topic: Black Shark (lock-on) video  (Read 356 times)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Black Shark (lock-on) video
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »
What is the name of this game...where can I buy it... and do they make a WWII version??????????????????

:O :O :O :O :O

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:04 PM »
It's called Lock-on (duh), you can buy it on the internet, and no.

Don't get the Flaming Cliffs version. Look up all the crap about copy protection breaking laws and ect for anything further on that.

There are only like 6 flyable aircraft and it's so realistic that any regular person will have trouble with it, not to mention the cockpits aren't interactive, meaning the whole thing is keyboard and joystick based.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:49 PM »
Don't get the Flaming Cliffs version. Look up all the crap about copy protection breaking laws and ect for anything further on that.

could ya be a tad more specific?
I noticed at fry's they have lock-on with the flamming cliffs cd bundled with it
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »
Link

Originally posted by Skuzzy
If you have a DVD burner, Starforce can prevent you from burning DVD's.  many case of this have been reported, and the creators of Starforce deny it happens.
Thier answer is, "If you can bring us a computer which shows the problem they will fix it."
Keep in mind, they are in Russia, and no one has wanted to go the effort to ship thier computer to Russia just to prove a point.

Aside from the burner issues, it is software which does replace system files.  As such, there should a warning on the box of any product using this software.  There is no end of possible issues which can stem from the replacement of system files.

I think it is utterly irresponsible for a software company to use any copy protection scheme without warning its end users.  Unfprtunately, the basic Windows user mentality is such that most people are ok with system files being replaced.

And it is not paranoid to want to protect your computer from invasive products which alter the way your computer was intended to work.  I too have crossed off any Sony or Starforce protected content from my purchase list.

If you read the articles linked to in the thread, there are more issues than Skuzzy addresses in this post.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:15:56 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:14:57 PM »
I have Flaming Cliffs. Awesome game, scalable difficulty (avionics etc), but you need an ok gaming rig to fully enjoy it. No problems with starforce.

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 10:34:01 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
not to mention the cockpits aren't interactive, meaning the whole thing is keyboard and joystick based.

Ka-50 will have interactive pit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEAnF2NYqC8

(Note: startup procedure is not completed)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »
A good example of great realism but the bore factor for the average joe.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 02:10:39 AM »
You mean you don't want to do a 15 minute start up?

Hell I am thinking about installing a PA system for when I am flying a commercial jet over some interesting landmarks in MSFS.

:aok

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:42:40 AM »