Author Topic: CV Sudgestion for new base taking rules...  (Read 289 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
CV Sudgestion for new base taking rules...
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
I think CVs could be utilized better in the new rule set.

CVs today only act as support for the assult on the "next takeable base". When the "trail between bases" goes inland the CVs are totally useless even though just one shore base might have been taken.

What I sudgest is that ports are ALWAYS takeable.

This could generate CV battles between ports and taking ports would be key to the territorial conquest as it would open up new paths between bases that you other wise wouldnt have.

This doesnt contradict any of the original ideas behind the new base taking rules. The idea is to keep the fights to a limmited number of locations so that dencity in the combat area can be predicted and hence allow usage of larger maps if they are designed right. Secondly it is to make sure that a battle is to be found.

Yes it does scatter the crowed a little bit but ports are relativly rare on maps compared to VBs and AFs.

It would also give a strategical element to the game move out the CVs to take enemy ports or leave em behind to defend home land.

I think it could be very interesting.
Tex

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
S!

at the begining of the war make all front line bases capturable but have maby 5-7 blue lines leading into the enemys interior.  spread it out and open up more of the map:aok
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 09:53:39 AM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »
I concur :)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:35:58 AM »
If HT is going to impliment the the additional capture paths thingy, then perhaps all the ports could be setup up to provide additional paths in. ie

A1<->A2<->A4
          ^
           |
          P5          

whatever and ever.  CVs/ports could provide another jumping off point, fights still have to be focused somewhat, and the lesser number country still has avenues to attack while the horde is focused elsewhere. I'm not a big fan of offering milkrun boulevards all over the map, but with the current numbers situations, 1 or 2 bases at a time isn't going to work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:39:34 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 11:45:39 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
If HT is going to impliment the the additional capture paths thingy, then perhaps all the ports could be setup up to provide additional paths in. ie

A1<->A2<->A4
          ^
           |
          P5          

whatever and ever.  CVs/ports could provide another jumping off point, fights still have to be focused somewhat, and the lesser number country still has avenues to attack while the horde is focused elsewhere. I'm not a big fan of offering milkrun boulevards all over the map, but with the current numbers situations, 1 or 2 bases at a time isn't going to work.

I think this is a pretty good idea!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:45:54 PM »
Be worth trying since we are testing.

~AoM~