Author Topic: New sound packs released!  (Read 1660 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
New sound packs released!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 12:40:38 PM »
Fruda, another happy customer here. THANKS!

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 12:47:24 PM »
so what do ya do with the .rar files?
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 01:31:31 PM »
You download WinRAR. It's a program like WinZip. Only different. I thought that WinZIP could read most .RAR files, though, so I'm not sure why you need it.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 01:43:26 PM »
no wouldnt read the .rar but i dl'd winrar so im good now thanks :)
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »
Hey plp. I got the files where i drope them in the HTC file. I found the sound folder but its clear only one txt file. Where i drop for each espesific plane.

Tnhkz CrazOwl

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »
After unpacking the rar file just drop the extracted folders into the sound folder.

Then enjoy!

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
Great work Fruda nice sound,Thanks
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
<S> Fruda
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »
Good Job Fruda,

Sounds are awesome :aok

Jedi

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies and feedback, guys.

But, I've been flying the Merlin-equipped aircraft for a while, and I'm noticing some faulty looping... I'll be getting to work on a patch for the Merlin engine sound as soon as possible, and I'll make it available as a single download on my site.

It's not that noticeable unless you really listen to the sound, but for (completely neurotic) people such as myself, it's very annoying. I have a commitment to the quality of everything I work on, and I'm just not satisfied when something like this happens.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 08:45:42 PM »
The F4U engine has a VERY noticeable loop, too. There's a pulse at the beginning of the clip that's not as obvious in Media Player, but in the game it's much more obvious.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »
Originally posted by Fruda
Thanks for the replies and feedback, guys.

But, I've been flying the Merlin-equipped aircraft for a while, and I'm noticing some faulty looping... I'll be getting to work on a patch for the Merlin engine sound as soon as possible, and I'll make it available as a single download on my site.

It's not that noticeable unless you really listen to the sound, but for (completely neurotic) people such as myself, it's very annoying. I have a commitment to the quality of everything I work on, and I'm just not satisfied when something like this happens.

Hi Fruda.  I came in here to say exactly that, about the looping.  That being said, awesome work...  I don't know if it's my sound settings but the startups are VERY loud but the engine sounds not so much.

I love the diatonic hum of the P&W engines, however, it sounds like the F4U engine has a good bit of distortion as well as a loop.

Thanks again for the awesome work.  It adds a whole new dimension to the game experience.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »
ive noticed it on the p51 as well
ps good work and ty
-evenhaim (aka freezeman)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
Heh, I noticed the loop on the P&W engine as well... I just figured that I wouldn't say anything and surprise everybody with an additional update. Oh well, too late for that!

It's difficult to work on the looping, as the source recordings weren't exactly perfect... I take a lot of time and effort to clean them up, and the results are something that's miles above the original source files, as far as fidelity goes.

As for the quiet engine sounds, you should probably check your sound configuration settings in-game, because my engine sounds are just as loud as the engstart/engoff ones. I should know, because I compile them in a visual wave editor (plus, I haven't edited my sound configuration, so they're of equal volume in-game).

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
Let me know if you want a pair of ears to bounce them off of. I think I have sound forge and a pair of sennheisers around here somewhere.  (Used to do live and studio audio engineering :))

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
I don't think that would be bad at all. If you find anything wrong with any of these sounds, let me know about it, and I'll get right to work. I used to have an Audigy 2 and some hi-fi speakers on a better computer, but I lost all of that a while back, so I'm working with on-board sound and some me-fi speakers... I know how to make my sounds hi-fi, but my setup doesn't display them properly.

And, I'm just now testing a cleaner R-2800 sound file that's been transposed a notch. I'll report back in a few minutes.