Author Topic: Help Me!! another Saitek Combo Newbie  (Read 681 times)

Hash

Help Me!! another Saitek Combo Newbie
« on: November 18, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »
G'day all, yesterday i purchased the Saitek X36f/X35t combo, and for the last 16 hours have been trying to get the sucker to work   . I have finaly managed to get the Throttle ,rudders and yoke to operate <yay> but am now faced with a new dilemma ,how the hell do I map this Beast!. Yes I know RTFM well I have 3 times now cover to cover, i've typed in the corrisponding keys for there command I have mapped the buttons for them and still no go.
  Also I have Downloaded Rangerbobs zip file but i cant figure out how to place it in the Saitek directory.
 I also was told to get Directx 7.a but can only find the download for version 8, this version i was told does some bad things to AH is this true.
  Any way all I know is i could use a hand please. Thx
<S> Ódin

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2000, 12:40:00 AM »
Try this link at combatsim.com which has an excellent article on programming with Saitek Gaming Extensions.  Also tells you not to utilize the CD ROM but to download the latest SGE from the website.
 http://www.combatsim.com/htm/feb00/saiteksge-1.htm  

Don't know about the DirectX8 question

Good Luck
Beeg

Originally posted by Hash:
G'day all, yesterday i purchased the Saitek X36f/X35t combo, and for the last 16 hours have been trying to get the sucker to work   . I have finaly managed to get the Throttle ,rudders and yoke to operate <yay> but am now faced with a new dilemma ,how the hell do I map this Beast!. Yes I know RTFM well I have 3 times now cover to cover, i've typed in the corrisponding keys for there command I have mapped the buttons for them and still no go.
  Also I have Downloaded Rangerbobs zip file but i cant figure out how to place it in the Saitek directory.
 I also was told to get Directx 7.a but can only find the download for version 8, this version i was told does some bad things to AH is this true.
  Any way all I know is i could use a hand please. Thx
<S> Ódin

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2000, 12:41:00 AM »
First of all, which version of the software did you install? The one from the Installation CD? If so, it's probably not the latest, you should make sure you installed the lastest version of the Saitek Gaming Extensions, v. 1.4 (released in June, 2000).

If you installed a previous version, then I suggest you go read Ron Hunt's Saitek X-36 USB Help Center for instructions on installing the latest version.

To import RangerBob's profile, first unzip the included "Aces High profile.psi" file somewhere on your drive (the Desktop for example), then open the "My Computer" icon on your desktop. A "Saitek Gaming Extensions" icon should have been added by the software installer. It's also available in the Windows Explorer.

There should be an item titled "Import game profile wizard" (or something like that, I'm loosely translating from my French version). Double-click on it. When asked for a file format, select "SGE file (.psi)", then locate the "Aces High Profile.psi" file in the next screen with the "browse" button and follow the instructions of the wizard.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2000, 12:47:00 AM »
Oh, about DirectX 7.0a. It can be found in the Microsoft Download Center.

Microsoft DirectX 7.0a (US)

I'm not sure about problems with DirectX 8.0, but since it's pretty new I think it's best to install DirectX 7.0a instead.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2000, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2000, 10:34:00 AM »
Let me add that you have to map buttons to AH you have to set them up to a coresponding button in AH..
doc

PS you made a good choice..you wont regret it..

Hash

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2000, 12:00:00 AM »
<S> Thx for the Help Guys, I would have replied sooner but have been AFK fo 2 days . I have Got it all up and going now and am now learning to use it {feels Great} So once again cheers for the help
<S> Ödin