Author Topic: Voodoo 5  (Read 439 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Voodoo 5
« on: August 26, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
Just picked up a Voodoo 5. Have only tried it on a couple of games. Runs very smooth in NFS Porsche, but jumps (for lack of a better description) in Aces High. Seems to do it whether I'm running FSAA or not.  Other than that it looks great and has high frame rates. Any suggestions?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Voodoo 5
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2000, 05:44:00 PM »
Ooops, here's more info:

Athlon 750
Voodoo 5
FIC SD11 AGP X2
128MB Ram
Windows 98 SE
DirectX 7a
SB Live Value

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Voodoo 5
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2000, 02:14:00 PM »
I'm running the almost exact system, only I've got an Athlon 700 and a nicer mainboard.    Abit K7-100.

I run 1024x768 @32 bit color with 2xFSAA and get 30's to 40's pretty much.  The only problem I see is tiny blue lines between some of the textures.  Not a big problem for me.  The only time I see any "jumping" is if I have the clipboard map up, which jumps around and shows blue lines through it.  My main view works smoothly though.  Oh, and it looks fantastic too. <G>

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Voodoo 5
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2000, 08:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the response Lephturn. After more testing I've found that the 'jumping' is most noticeable in FSAA 2x. Odd, I'd have thought it would be more pronounced in 4x.

Read in another thread someone suggested increasing the refresh rate for the trinitron monitor to 85hz for framerate problem. This seems to have almost eliminated the jumping for me when FSAA is off.

I also get lines in the map tho I think it is only with FSAA on.