Author Topic: Onions4u  (Read 880 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:47:10 PM »
Have any of you guys heard anything from or about Onions4U?
I didn't know if this would be ok to post or not, but Onions was a squadmate of ours for years, and Onions suffered a Degenerative Disease known as Charcot Marie Tooth, a rare Neurological Disorder which is apparently terminal.
We've not been able to get in touch with him and we are beginning to fear the worse. He was a great squaddie, and a great friend to all the Pigs for a long time. Probably one of the best guys I've ever had the pleasure to game with.
If anybody has any information at all, we would love to know something as we all miss him terribly. If any of you guys know anything, please drop a line!
twitchy@pigsonthewing.org

Hitech would it possible to look and see if he still has an active account or an alternative email?
His son played from time to time, if he happens to read this I'm officially offering to buy him a month or two of AH.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Onions4u
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:00:25 PM »
Damn, hope he is alright
i used to have some great GV battles with him AND against him
he IS a very worthy adversary and comrade in virtual arms so to speak
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
I remember the day I met Onions, the Pigs were on the Pizza map, about halfway to an enemy base and I looked down and there was this guy named Onions4U driving across the empty desert (he didn't know about spawn points yet). I said damn, anybody willing to drive all that way to get to a target is one dedicated human being. I invited him to the Pigs on the Wing that night and over the next four or so years Onions became one of my best friends, and one of the best GV'ers in the game.
Like I said he had a son that played from time to time, if anybody knows how to get in touch with Onions or his son, I would be glad to buy him a subscription to the game.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Onions4u
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »
I did a seach on the boards and found his old profile.

He lists his home as being in Dallas. While it may not be active, his Yahoo instant message handle was bwwdww2000 back in mid 2005. You may have some luck tracking him down via Yahoo.

Either way, I hope you find your friend.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »
I hope he's alright twitchy, I spent many hours GVing with him, He was truly a good GVer and a better person. Seems like at least a year since I've seen him. Keep us posted if you hear from him.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 02:55:09 PM »
Hey Hitech, Onions4U lived about fifteen minutes down the road from you guys, I don't suppose you guys had heard anything from him or about him?
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »
checm your private inbox Twitchy. i sent you something regarding something else.
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 04:00:36 PM »
yeah i remember onions.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Onions4u
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »
Hope he's alright, he frustrated me more then once while he was in a GV.  Also a great guy to have on your wing.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Onions4u
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 06:06:42 PM »
Twitch.....Onions had been flying / GV'ing with us just before he went missing in action.  He had stated his health wasn't too good & that in fact had been getting rather difficult to even play.

That was several months ago.............one moment he was there...........the next we've not been able to make contact at all.  We all are hoping the best, but fear the worst.

If anyone finds out his status, please PM Moil or I.........Thanks.

Rokit

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Onions4u
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 06:45:14 PM »
No I can not release his email, but I can try contact him.

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Onions4u
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 07:00:50 PM »
Thanks

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Onions4u
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 07:23:55 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
No I can not release his email, but I can try contact him.

Yes please, if you can we would love to know what became of him.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline richard_rd

• Copper Member
Onions4u
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 12:38:54 AM »
Hope you are OK Onions, you were a good online friend and an unselfish team player.  You are truely missed!!!!!

When the Knights needed someone to pork ords or troops, or run re-supply mission, Onions4u was always the first one to volanteer for the job.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:51:10 AM by richard_rd »