Author Topic: Oh Benevolent Skuzzy, please bless my post with your presence and wisdom  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
Oh Benevolent Skuzzy, please bless my post with your presence and wisdom
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 06:40:11 AM »
I have turned it up to high... it just shows the process hitting my cpu at a larger percentage (15% or more) on the same pace.

I have discovered that if I do a normal windows boot to my standard profile.  Let the computer sit there for a few minutes, and then boot to my AH profile, the problem does not come up.

But if I boot straight to my Ah profile, it comes up on every 2/3 boots or there abouts.

Wierd.

Balsy

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bushtech.com.au
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 08:00:53 AM »
Balsy my main guess is your CPU is overheating and its throtteling down to save the cpu.

Check out your CPU fan to make sure its providing sufficent air to the heat sink. Wiggle it too, to make sure its solidly connected.

Had a friend who was expereiencing the exact same problem. Did the above and everthing back to normal.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 08:29:16 AM »
Originally posted by F1Bomber
Balsy my main guess is your CPU is overheating and its throtteling down to save the cpu.

Check out your CPU fan to make sure its providing sufficent air to the heat sink. Wiggle it too, to make sure its solidly connected.

Had a friend who was expereiencing the exact same problem. Did the above and everthing back to normal.

Thanks F1. But it happens right at startup, so the cpu isnt even warmed up yet.  Additionally, I run ASUS probe which shows the cpu in the low 40s at idle, and low 50s under AH load.

Balsy