Author Topic: Quake aces high.. duh  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Yeager,

I feel I better understand what you've been saying now.

Additionally, many of the things you have said above I agree with.

Also, I know they are working on and "tweaking" some of those, like the GV armor. We just had a revision of the armor code, an acknowledgement of a problem. Obviously, if your examples are typical it's still not quite right.

However, I believe the type of post you just made is the way to resolution. I hope you will also E-Mail that to Pyro; I doubt they have the time to read everything we all stuff into the bbs.

I think they welcome questions and suggestions when put in a proper format. They are about the most customer oriented firm I've seen.

There's been far to many flame-filled accusatory critiqes and ridiculous claims of bias hurled at them.  Fortunately, some of the worst of those guys have moved on or changed their styles.

I think if the community can point out a perceived problem and document it... in a cogent, mutually respective way... HTC will take a look at it.

I don't expect instant action, but I do believe those things get put on a "to do" list.

I think your above post is progress in that direction. Please forward it on to HTC.

<S>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2001, 03:41:00 PM »
Don't discount that you may be experiencing a bit of the "honeymoon" being over.  I think this occurs with almost everything we deal with...we look back with rose colored lenses.  I sure do with the music I listened to as a teenager and many other things I participated in along with those early flight simulations I played.  I'm pretty new to AH, but I don't kid myself that my enjoyment of it will never change or wane.  Things change.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
I'm going to have to break down and get quake one of these days, it keeps sounding more and more like a fun flight sim!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
What Frodo said, we had 60+ fliers in Friday nights scenario, was a friggin' HOOT!

Also, on Sundays, we have a HISTORICAL MAIN ARENA NOW in the SPECIAL EVENTS ARENA, where field capture is possible, and a large selection of historical matchups are allowed, unlimited lives too!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
yeah Fatty... let's all turn into little quakelets..   then we can squeak about that game instead of the best online flight sim going  ;)

Offline sassy sally

• Copper Member
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
What! theres other sims out there!!!!!  :eek:

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Quake aces high.. duh
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2001, 02:10:00 AM »
If AH gets airstarts i will sign up in an second!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac