Author Topic: found this surprising  (Read 433 times)

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
found this surprising
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
was in the orange arena for several hours a couple of days ago trying to
give the changes a "fair shake". after several hours of fighting for,eventually
taking and then eventually losing the same field i decided a change of venue
was in order and headed to blue.

imagine my surprise to see several players, who have been very vocal in their
support of the changes to orange, flying in the blue arena.

i don't get it. if the old style (current blue) was so bad that a new style (current orange) had to be created what were these players doing in blue? could it be
that a lot of fighting still goes on in blue despite what the bb threads try to imply?
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
found this surprising
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »
I know I've bounced to Blue if the fight is better.  Started in blue last night but it was nothing but a vulch fest even for the low number side.  Couldn't quite get that, and vulching bores me.

Went to Orange and it was high alt bombers and 51s on the moon.  Burned off my DTs and most of my fuel to get 2 kills.

Niether seemed to have it last night.

I think what many folks want is a good fight regardless of the arena.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
found this surprising
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:18:59 PM »
since I fly rook normally...I find rooks normally have numbers in orange and have the fewest in blue...so ill go to blue to fight hordes for a bit.  

numbers may have something to do  with it.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
found this surprising
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:50:59 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
found this surprising
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »
I think the orange will level out to a certain number of players, just like the EW and MW have with around the same number.  The only reason I fly in orange now is because I"m forced to by the system.  it sucks.  I still don't understand why all the changes, I didn't see anything wrong with the old MA.  I like the EW and MW idea, but the LWA is now a problem with squads nothing short of automaticly side balancing will even out the number on any given day, if that happens, kill squads goodbye.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
found this surprising
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »
i don't like the orange idea, for all arenas.but with one of each i have found the blue arena alot more fun lately.the team numbers may not be even, but at least the arenas are, giving us a choice. instead of one full you cant get into ,and an empty one without any fights. i think this is for the better:)

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
Re: found this surprising
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »
Originally posted by soupcan
was in the orange arena for several hours a couple of days ago trying to
give the changes a "fair shake". after several hours of fighting for,eventually
taking and then eventually losing the same field i decided a change of venue
was in order and headed to blue.

imagine my surprise to see several players, who have been very vocal in their
support of the changes to orange, flying in the blue arena.

i don't get it. if the old style (current blue) was so bad that a new style (current orange) had to be created what were these players doing in blue? could it be
that a lot of fighting still goes on in blue despite what the bb threads try to imply?

OK. Soupcan, Here's the way its looking to me. We have the 2 lw arenas. 1 is setup like the old ma. The other is the same but we are running a test in it so see what the outcome will be. Now I support all the changes, but see the thing is if theres only 15 people in the orange arena and there's over 100 players in the blue guess where im going. Also if my squad is in the blue arena. Then I am going to go there too to fly with my friends. It has not 1 thing to do with the change's. I like the new system in the orange arena but the ENY  needs to be tweaked a bit so its not so lethal.
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
found this surprising
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »
truefully i'll go where the fight is.  if in orange arena i see a huge imbalance, or alot of base trading, i'll go to blue to see if anything going on there.  also if i notice anyone else in my squad is flying in a different arena, ill also pop in.

question for those of you who do want side balancing.  how do we keep sides from being 100 50 50 in one arena, and 50 100 75 in another?  what is the value of gameplay for those getting horded all the time?  do you value your wins over people who can't defend themselves to begin with?

as to changing the main arena, do you feel that HT's attempts to try to make a more enjoyable/friendly community have failed, and why?  if so, also please explain what your suggestions would be to make the arena a more friendly place, where peer pressure for acceptable gameplay might also take hold.  i know some people don't care at all about some of these issues, they are truely an asset to our community and pushing the game forward.

i've talked alot, but i'm a furballer at heart, so if there is a good fight going on somewhere, i'll go there.  if we lose 10 bases because there is 1 decent fight everyone else is at, i guess i don't care.  also don't blame me, no one wanted to make things fair or a challenge.  save it for the rest of the strat guys who failed to defend/take a base and believe this is the way to go.  maybe i would have no choice but to fight with you in orange, but you would rather me not....that is fine.  we can continue to have to seperate entities as so many seem to want.

i'll keep fighting the hordes, and laugh at them when they pick me, and laugh harder watching the vulchers pad their scores.  really that's all i need. i was just hoping the community would get to together and decide that it wanted a more challenging, balanced, and slightly more friendly place to fly.  guess it doesn't, and i guess i'll be stuck, as always, laughing at the dweebery i see everyday and those claiming it to be strat.  as a bonus feature i'll get to listen to the mad skillz on 200.  vulchers, augerers, and hordes, where would AH be without you
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: found this surprising
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 07:30:18 PM »
While I happen to like the new setup, if there's no one in that arena, it's no fun. If there's action in blue, I'll fly there.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
found this surprising
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »
I think the problem with the new setup is that people KNOW where the enemy is gona go, and they just orbit their own base in 25k borg cubes, I'm over it
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
found this surprising
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
I think the problem with the new setup is that people KNOW where the enemy is gona go, and they just orbit their own base in 25k borg cubes, I'm over it

Was quite a surprise to me first time. Everytime I was flying at 15k in "old" setup I was called an altmonkey - and now I was jumped at that alt, and even at 20 or 25K...

But IMHO that wasn´t such a bad thing: Finally some real use for Spit XIV, Ta 152 and P47N :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman