Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 31033 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
theres 2 wars on.......

.....if you dont like 1 war, you leave and go to the other war.

cycle goes like this:

[list=1]
  • balanced server during day
  • 2nd server opens.
  • whoever is loosing in server1, goes server2. (in this example/thread rooks)
  • as rooks leave server1, there numbers over inflate in server2, and drop drastically in server1.
  • as knits and bish in server2 are now both facing silly odds against rooks, they leave to goto server1.
  • before you know it server1 is 120:120:60 and server2 is 60:60:120.
  • [/list=1] [/B]

from another thread.

I dont know how the new ENY system will fix anything.... if the loosing side quits, is it the attackers fault?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2006, 06:00:50 PM »
i like how HT engages the community. everyone has a chance to voice their opinion.  if your opinion doesn't match HT's idea and direction he wants "his" game to follow, then thats just how it is.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
Originally posted by ZZ3
Originally posted by edge12674
If you don't like changes to AH then perhaps a boxed sim is a better choice.  That said, I do think this could adversly affect squads.  Squads will now have to change their outdated loyalties to a country.

Thats the take it or leave it metality that I so despise in this community.
Heaven forbid you disagree with something.

ZZ3
479th Raiders

ZZ3, didn't mean to offend you.  Just trying to point out that AH is constantly changing (as it should) and that not all will agree with the changes.  To my knowledge the only way to keep a game from changing is to buy a boxed sim and don't install any patches (or find one that is no longer supported).  
To play this game and expect it to stay the same is like marrying a women and expecting her to remain the same.  It is not the nature of the beast! :cool:

It just saddens me to watch my squad nights disappear, as they have for the past several months.  Several long time players on my squad have cancelled their accounts due to the changes.  I plan to stick with it and give Hitech his tweak time.  There is a point however, where I will no longer be able to justify the monthly expense as I find myself flying less and less.

Squads are still able to fly together, but it is getting more difficult.  I would just like to see Hitech find solutions that strengthen squads.  Better for players, better for the community, and better for Hitech coffers.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »
i dont even play anymore but the idea of having to wait or switch sides doesnt sound like a good idea to me. So now ill wait and listen on thes BB's to see how this one goes before i come back.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »
f you know of any combat games that allow for one team to have huge number advantages i would be curious as to which one?

....World War 2 Online......

I don't think I am going to like being to forced to switch sides all the time....

Looks like a lot of my time will be in A v A now...
I hope HT is not going to try and fix that next...:(

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Changes to come.
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2006, 06:14:23 PM »
All of this talk about squads by those that are in what they call a squad points out one thing....me, me, me.  It seems it's all about the individual.  The association with a "squad" to some it seems is just being associated with like-minded individuals...with the like-mindedness being me, me, me.

What's the point of a squad if it's not to help each other out...to work as a team?  Fighting each other servers the purpose of bettering one another.  But to what end?  What will those skills be used for?  

For many who post here about squads and squad mentality, you really only are seeing it from your perspective of what a "squad" is.  To you it's not a team, it's just a group of people under the same name.  For others it is a team that likes to work together toward a common shared goal.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
KTM520guy should be made commander of our non-country.

Does being commander pay anything?
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »
Sounds promising and at least worth a try.

I have 2 questions:

How will we know which fields can't be captured?

Will you still have to belong to a side for 24 hours or whatever it was to get the perk bonus for winning the war?

Will you be able to freely go back to your old country, even if it's not needed, before entering the arena.

Oops, thought of that third one while I was typing.

[EDIT]  One more:

How will we know precisely how many/how many more of each country's fields we need to take to win and conversly, how many of our fields we need to hold onto to keep the enemy from winning?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:23:00 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2006, 06:17:24 PM »
Originally posted by plank
Did you guys know that flight sim enthusiasts fly on all sides in this game? Frankly, I never notice a difference in attitude, banter, or skill when I switch sides to balance. These people aren't your actual enemies, its a game.

LIES! ALL LIES!!

PS: Plank, did you hear about Rocky Road ice cream?

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »
My 2 cents..

Having the winning conditions be that the winning side beat BOTH of the other sides down to 30 % is the best thing in the pool.  

Making folks change sides and be responsible for balancing the arena is not a community resposibility.  Forcing it down the throats of the community will not have profitable results.

If you pay attention to what keeps folks coming back it is the community.  Squads are the core of that community and making it difficult for them to operate will undermine it and reduce retension.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »
my squad has no problem flying together.........O wait we had almost 32 3 years ago and now maybe 3 play at 1 time. But I dont think the changes have affected  our squad at all.
:rolleyes: cant wait for this
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »
did anyone see that HT is removing the base capture lines for the moment?
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Changes to come.
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2006, 06:38:59 PM »
The concern is of course that lots of stuff is changing constantly without obvious improvement.

I think the main problem with the latest capture lines is infact their method implementation in Orange. They have not been designed in sync with the spawn lines  and field layouts and of course (importantly) the field layout has not been designed with  capture lines in mind and also there are some errors...........

In terms of focussing conflict they work.

I think the changes proposed to the  zone/strat set up are welcome

I think the  idea that 1 country has to win 30 -40% of both of its opponents territory is excellent.

It motivates the two smaller countries to fight the bigger rather than the two bigger countries to fight the smaller.

Leaving core fields uncapturable is very viable.....however they should be those fields around the HQ and not dotted about the terrain such that they become  fortress fields safe inside enemy territory. (infact on larger maps they could be nearly the whole HQ zone as was)

HT you know your business but do you really want to instigate so many changes in one sweep? Might it be better to implement the changes to strat, war win criteria and uncapturables, and then wait and see what effect this has before forcing access type balancing criteria?

I think that access balancing is a brave move. It is clear that the game teaming model until now has been one that promoted loyalty to various countries. It was so in AW. I realise that ENY limiters etc were put in place to promote side switching. I realise that side balancing would be easier if country loyalties were not as strong as they are. Given the strength of these loyalties I am not sure if this brave move (albeit targetting a very desirable end state) is a wise one.

I wish there was an easy answer to side balancing that over came country loyalties.

In RL this is the function of the mercenary class. Warriors are rewarded for fighting for one side or another.  

What currency does AH have to offer  fighters of a 4th group (a nation without a land .........Pawns?) who switch sides (or are switched) to balance the battle...... these Pawns could have automatic perk multipliers (always 1.5?) and carry their own Pawn icon into battle under the colours of their present master country. (red yellow or green)

I quite fancy being such a Mercenary Pawn.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:43:32 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Changes to come.
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »
Enough with this craziness!!

I will get with HT and set up some sort of balance proceedure.

It only makes sense for myself or HT to place people where we think they belong based on yrs played, personality, what plane/vehicle they like, clothes and jewelry prefrences and bathing habits.

This should stop all the bickering and fuss and helps out the whole community.

Thanks!

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Changes to come.
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
can i go to the island where she is: -

Is that kate from lost??....If so damn stright load up the a6m and get out the giant magnet that will crash us!....Lol great show:lol
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -