Author Topic: I've lost faith  (Read 2343 times)

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
I've lost faith
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »
I think kwessa is spot on.. i have reluctantly had to start to play in LW cos there are no people available at the times i fly in Ew..
why dosn't HTC try somthing different or just shut down EW & MW.. that way at least it will stop the i can't get in whines..
theory is good practicality is some what off..

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
I've lost faith
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »
Woefully incomplete plane set/vehicle set (especially in EW) is a contributing factor IMO.  LW had the most variety even before they enabled all planes there.

Our squad had tried MW for a while, but the 8 of us that would show at one time were considered a"horde" there.

I personally tried EW a few times only to be told "my kind" was not welcome there.:(
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
I think kwessa is spot on.. i have reluctantly had to start to play in LW cos there are no people available at the times i fly in Ew..

I see similar when I'm on as well. Back in the original MA, I delighted in throwing "Hangar Queen" missions together because I have a fondness for early WW2 planes.

Along with WW1 era aircraft, these were the vehicles that started off the advance to better design, weaponry, and combat tactics. Therefore I enjoyed seeing people get a kick out of flying something a little more primitive, and it was simply a cool thing to see when someone came away from it in one piece with landed kills.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »
I always wanted HT to try a rollin plane set in the old MA. A Tour of Duty is about 30 days....

So 10 days of Early war, 10 Mid war, and the last 10 or so days Late war. This was about the only "fix" that I wanted in the Old MA. Not all the B.S. we have had to put up with for weeks now.

Cavalry
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: I've lost faith
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 07:31:42 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
The only answer I could come up with, was "Lgays, Spit16s, and dorky US fighters that carries 3k+ payload".

See, that's your only answer because that's all you ever think (and post) about :D

You want to know the reason nobody cares about EW? It's not the planes. It's the attitude. It's the numbers. There's all of 2 fights on the entire map (not unlike the new disliked base capture system), and the folks in the fight always pour in higher and faster than anybody in the middle of the fight, cherry pick, die, up, dive, cherry pick, die. The problem isn't fast planes. Folks have proven they can live without those. The problem is there's no fun in it. Forget about trying to DO anything. My squad took up SBDs on a CV dive bombing mission. We got to 12k or so and the first second we started in on the CV 4 of us popped instantly from ack, 10k up before we could even REMOTELY get close enough to drop our bombs (auto ack, nobody was manning them).

Forget about bombing. Also not worth it.

The few folks that "land the kills" are flying around in P38Gs 10k above the nearest enemy, zoom down at 100mph faster than the nearest enemy, HO, and zoom back up. For the most part it's a bad nightmare version of Fighter Town. The dogpile gets real old real fast, and folks realize this, and go back to the better arenas.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:40 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
have to give up flying in EW or MW because fighting the same 5 people over and over again gets old real quick.

Thats why I am in LW now... Was really enjoying EW.... But I need more fights.... guess I just followed the rest of the flock....

What can we do ?

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »
I would fly the EW and MW arenas the majority of the time if there was anyone else there...  Just like the AVA arena which is actually quite good.  If they had more than 100 in them they would get much more popular.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
Thats why I am in LW now... Was really enjoying EW.... But I need more fights.... guess I just followed the rest of the flock....

What can we do ?

Either force them into it, or give folks an incentive to head over there.  Not sure other than those two ways.

Offline Big Mickey

• Zinc Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 07:51:07 PM »
As I fly Jugs 90% of the time I do like the MW arena. Would fly EW more if the D11 was there. The flight time to a fight don't bug me much as with a Jug you get used to having to spend some time getting a little alt.

The thing that appeals to me most about MW is that I can usually find an area of the map with a small fight, with luck a 1 on 1. Much more enjoyable than going into a mass swarm of fighters and get popped on the way out by an LA7. Call me egotistical but I like landing my kills. The old up, climb, kill, get ganged and then up again.... Well... it turns into a bit of a boring hamster wheel after a while.

As for folks gravitating to the most ubber plane they can... I think Kweassa's assessment is right on target. Some folks want to make it a first person shooter with any and all cheat codes active. No I am not saying the pilots of those planes are cheating! I am just using that as an example of trying to take the easiest route possible to winning. Me... I'll fly my big prettythangED bird and take great satisfaction in cherry picking the cartoon planes out of the pack!

Big Mickey

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »
I just like a alot of targets. I'll fly wherever the biggest fights are. The planes are all pretty balanced within their era sets, you can find a plane that suits you in any set, their performance is all relative.

Flying around for an hour for 2 kills = boring

Fifteen minute hops with the potential for 5-10 kills = fun as hell

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 08:26:05 PM »
I'm with you Zazen! The numbers in the other arenas are like going to a H2H room.

I really can't see how Kweassa is "spot on" like a few have said, last I checked it was a WW2 flight sim game not a 1941-42 flight sim. Complaining that people fly late war birds and calling them uber is silly...did they sneak a F-14 in here and I'm the only one who can't see it :noid  

I do find it funny how so many were saying the EW and MW were going to show that a majority would really enjoy the change to the split arenas....and now they're nowhere to be found in there:rolleyes:

I think it showed that we that inhabit the forums are the minority. I can't believe that you would have really thought they would work in the first place, I know I didn't.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
i prefer arena with the most numbers..  

I think herein lies the most accurate answer.
No matter what you add or what you change. the bulk of people will always want to be where the crowd is.

I've popped into the smaller arenas but typically there werent enough people there to make it worth my while.

I popped in one arena I forget which one day and only saw 3 planes flying in the entire arena. Everyone else was in GVS.
which woulda been cool if I was in the mood for a GV fight. But that particular night I felt like flying
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 08:34:13 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
Either force them into it, or give folks an incentive to head over there.  Not sure other than those two ways.

penalizing is generally bad..  could charge more perks for more things in the LW arenas and give stronger perk multiples on the EW and MW arenas.  Not really penalizing on one hand and encouraging on the other.

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
I've lost faith
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:49 PM »
"I've lost faith"  Kweeasa

I've lost interest.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
I really like EW at first. There were good fights in there.

However, the EW became a GV milkrunner's paradise. Those that aren't milking in GV's are usually attempting to milkrun in aircraft. There's damn few folks fighting aircraft v aircraft.

I don't know if awarding no perks at all in EW would help but it might.

I admit I simply do not understand those that take pleasure in unopposed capture. It seems to me they might as well play offline.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!