Author Topic: ww1  (Read 1076 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
ww1
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »
Maybe a Spoworth Camel would be cool! And a few Biplanes were still in operation in unit strength during WW2. Look at the Bismark Raid!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline xREAPERx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/_xreaperx_
ww1
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »
thats true and the japs had the pete in early war but thats the only one i can think of that was used in unit strenght
xREAPERx tours 76-133 HITMAN tours 140-present

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
ww1
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 12:26:39 PM »
Gladiator and CR42 would be great additions.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
ww1
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »
http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/biplanes.htm  <---- some ww2 biplane fighters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
ww1
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »
Denholm, I believe Skuzzy made the quote you're thinking of, and he said it in the same breath as the word "B29" I think, so I wouldn't hold my breath. [EDIT: actually, I think he said it in the same breath as the words "tall boy" -- I still wouldn't hold my breath]

I think it was more of a hypothetical thing, where they *could*, theoretically, do that.

I don't think we'll see it for some time. Heck it's taken them 2 years to upgrade a fraction of the planeset to new standards. I'm guessing it will be 4-5 more years before every last SBD, D3A, and P40 are upgraded to full quality. That's not to mention future CT scenarios, and other things they've got on their plate. I don't think AH will ever go outside of WW2, but this is just my personal opinion.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
ww1
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 08:48:52 AM »
Originally posted by Denholm
One thing Krusty, I seem to recall reading something Hitech said in the "Aces High General Discussions" forum. Hitech was talking about the new arena format and mentioned something to the effect of, "For now we're gonna get cozy with the new layout, and later on we will start expanding, adding more planes, maybe some from vietnam." Once again, I'm not entirely sure, yet I'm sure I read something about that they MIGHT consider adding some planes from an "outside of WWII" era.

yes he did, it would be years down the pipeline tho.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
ww1
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
ww1
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 04:38:48 PM »
I played Dawn of Aces back before AH.  Two aspects of the game really intrigued me.  First, I loved flying the zepplins (used to read everything I could get on them when I was a kid).  Second, they had a cool artillary implementation.  You could act as an artillary spotter if you where in either a zepplin or a two-seat aircraft.  The arty was A/I, but would only fire where you told it, and only within range of the fixed arty positions on the map.  You would mark the map and call for a spotting round.  When you saw where it landed, you'd call in (via typed command) range and bearing adjustment and call for barrage fire.  You could literally walk the barrage across an enemy field.  Way cool!
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
ww1
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 05:30:19 PM »
Warbirds 2006 (by IEN) has a DoA arena, that is called the flyboys' arena. It is like an open MA, though. All aircraft from WWI that they have, are enabled. If you fly a mid 1916 machine, you'll be going agains D.VII's and Camels.

Plus, the planeset's a little on the limited side.