Author Topic: I've lost faith  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2006, 12:07:02 AM »
What was your AW CPID Falconwing?

I got to know most of the 38 dweebs back then in AW.  Wondering when you were flying it and where?

And as an aside, as one who flies the 38G 99% of the time, that goes back to a promise I made to myself in my Nomad days in AW that if I ever got an early model 38, that's all I'd fly.

My old AW Nomad pilot +Tiff always had a 38E, at least in his imagination :)

As for the 190s in AW.  It was the D9 pilots we called names. That was AW's LA7.  It was much more fun to try and tempt the A8 drivers to come on down  and bounce us in the 38s.  You could evade em until they got frustrated and low and slow.  Then it was over.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:09:24 AM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »
i was bop2d and then ^falc...used to try and find nomads and widowmakers to fight in other arenas since they were 38 squads.

i flew rre4 and my wingman for 2v2s was onyx and also SLU...

and yep it was the 190d9s i was referring to...a current friend named HAJO used to be the "worst" at frustrating us by showing up with altitude and "refusing" to fight our way =)

and there was no side balancing needed there...point was that there is always a plane to be called "uber"...if there were spads and camels and fokkers available someone would fly them in LW and call the spit1 "uber":rolleyes:

i still have never minded having 4 arenas....but caps and side balancing are simply ways to force guys to play a way they dont really want to and i dont see that as healthy for the game....

also i agree that for EW to succeed you have to make changes in ack and town dropping to enable the rest of the game to be fun and that would encourage more folks to have fun there.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB