Author Topic: Getting sick of this!  (Read 1046 times)

Offline President

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 10:36:50 AM »
Hi Tech you gotta also read from those that know the thought you put into these changes.  no matter what u r gonna have angry people

The wait before you up change - very smart and liked by those who stop and think about it, and realize the alternative

The increased airfield ack - very smart and liked by those who stop and think about it - has many benefits

early mid and late war arenas - very smart and gives us lots of choices

Most of these new changes jsut gives us more choices, more options.  people gotta stop and think about it, really think, but you kow people resist change for the most part

Originally posted by hitech
Do so love it.

On one hand I get accused of listening to people who whine and make changes because they whined about it.

On the other hand I get accused of not caring what players think.

Anyone else see the mutual exclusion in those 2 points of view.

And the real deal is neither is true.

HiTech

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Getting sick of this!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:55 AM »
Originally posted by Kurt
You can vote with your wallet.

Its just like a restaurant, if the service doesn't make you happy, you don't tip.  And you don't return.

I think he's mostly complaining about the other customers, not the company.  Basically answers such as this one seem to be one of those things which many find unappealing.

I, for one, dont want to miss my supper, I just it warmed up a bit.

For a "Clown" ;) you seem very serious :D

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 12:22:54 PM »
Do so love it.

On one hand I get accused of listening to people who whine and make changes because they whined about it.

HiTech

I've played since Beta3, what I've seen is a game that is constantly evolving. All this gnashing of teeth about who was to blame for the changes we've seen is futile but entertaining.

This evolution should be good sign, regardless of how it effects your gameplay, for all players as it indicates that the game is moving forward rather than stagnating. Hopefully, this process will eventualy slow or lenghten the time between burnouts that a lot of us long time players have experienced from time to time along with increasing the subscriber retention rate as well as enticing new players.

Placing blame for this evolution on any particular type of player seems to be misguided to me.

I could be totaly wrong but I had .02 cents burning a hole in my pocket.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »
Do so love it.

HiTech

Continue with the culling:aok

Offline Kya

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Getting sick of this!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 12:52:09 PM »
Originally posted by BlkKnit
I think he's mostly complaining about the other customers, not the company.  Basically answers such as this one seem to be one of those things which many find unappealing.

I tend to agree.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
Now that's off my chest, merry Christmas everybody

On a serious note, I give the guys at HTC a lot of credit for trying to make this game better, but only time will tell if the changes are right.

Hitech, Skuzzy and the rest of the HTC massive.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:12:16 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
On a serious note, I give the guys at HTC a lot of credit for trying to make this game better, but only time will tell if the changes are right.

And thats the very heart of this whole circus,  but only time will tell if the changes are right
Hitech barely finished posting about the new changes, that hadnt even been implemented yet[/i] and people started wailing about the death of squads and they wouldnt be able to fly.  Its new, ya have to give it some time to see if this works or not, everybody just start whaaaaing

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »
NICE LOGO GOODY!!    

ENVIOUSLY YOURS,

BONER

OFFICIAL "MEMBER" OF THE AH  BB S.

PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER FOR BONER:aok
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: Getting sick of this!
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 02:55:34 PM »
Originally posted by goody
I usually dont say much, but this is getting out of hand! I remeber when ther was respect for other players(which ther is very little of today), hell at one time if you saw someone trying to land you would let them. Now you have mouthy idiots telling people if you dont like quit, calling people cheaters, telling new players leave the MA because they ask Questions(everybody has been there!)and so on. I say the Hell with you!

P.S. I would like to have a pizza map with a 750 limit for Christmas.

:(

Point #1: If they charged 6$ per hour there would be much more respect as there would be just the hard core flight simmers playing. And it would be and older crowd.

Point #2. Asking questions up to a point is fine. But you get "My tank won't move" "how do I fly" and "What's the bestest plane" over and over it gets old. That is why there is a training arena and the people in there EXPECT noobs to ask beginner questions. To have a noob jump into a combat arena and flood the text buffer with starter questions is irritating.

PS. I would like no bomber formations and no cannon birds in the MA for Christmas.  :aok

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
HT quickly change Lye-Els' account and charge HIM 6 bucks an hour just so he can see what we went thru in the old AW days:D
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Getting sick of this!
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by President
Hi Tech you gotta also read from those that know the thought you put into these changes.  no matter what u r gonna have angry people

The wait before you up change - very smart and liked by those who stop and think about it, and realize the alternative

The increased airfield ack - very smart and liked by those who stop and think about it - has many benefits

early mid and late war arenas - very smart and gives us lots of choices

Most of these new changes jsut gives us more choices, more options.  people gotta stop and think about it, really think, but you kow people resist change for the most part

"Originally posted by hitech
Do so love it.

HiTech "

No mutual exclusion here.  Just depends on which side of the changes you are on.

You are right President.  The new changes gives us more choices.  The same choices we had before the changes made making a choice mandatory.  You could switch arena's, change sides, fly what you liked, log, or cancel the account.

I am leaning real heavy towards the latter.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting sick of this!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by goody
hell at one time if you saw someone trying to land you would let them. :(

last night returning from the fight,landing with low fuel an ammo, i got flaps down gear down throttles back, over the end of the runway and a spity vulchers me, i get pinged a little, too slow to chase him so i try to land knowing he will be coming for a second pass,  this time i'm shot up good, plane a wreck,pilot wounded, crash landed , sliding down runway.  

then i see on the screen" you shot down etc", the killer ack got him and i got a proxie kill, LOL, there is justice in AH land.
:D

44MAG