Author Topic: New Capture System for the Bish  (Read 526 times)

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
New Capture System for the Bish
« on: December 17, 2006, 04:12:38 AM »
I must say, the new capture system seems to of fostered more teamwork for the Bish than I have seen in a long time.  There are a lot more squads working together as well as random missions being put together.  The random horde also seems to have been somewhat supplanted with more coordinated missions.  This, I think, being caused by the new system where a certain amount of bases from each country must be captured in order to win as opposed to just pounding away at one side.  While some still cry horde for some reason, I see the Bish becoming a well oiled machine.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 04:27:11 AM »
well  bish might be working togeather to capture bases but they sure asa heck not working togeather to defend the buggers.

yesterday i was on in mid and saw a field flashing with a large dar bar,all red  nothing green.So being the fool i am i jumped in a la5 and what was there about 5 or 6 sets of lancs and some b26s,totally flaterning the airfield and town.

I did what i could  to knock a few of the planes down losing bits and pieces off my plane in the mean time  and all the time calling for help from the bish.

After 10 minutes flying and fighting i was dead stick  and didnt make the end of the runway but i had spotted  a m3 waiting to hit the town.

Finaly help arrived  in the form of rain,we upped il2s because thats all we could  and killed  a copuple of m3s and a few fighters before finally after more calls that a cv was off shore more bishops turned up for a last ditch defence.

Funny thing was all the time i was fighting i was talking to  one of my oppisition on vox and was funny that they were moaning at him for talking to me.

great battle anyway  just  a pity bishops responce was so slow
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:00:03 AM »
I guess I should of qualified my first post by saying this is what was happening in LW Blue.
Birds of Prey Raptors

<S> PaulB

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 05:40:17 AM »
from what Ive seen, teamwork is tad easier when you have numbers...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »
The past couple resets the numbers have been pretty even, or at least two of the sides have been even.  Rooks seem to suffer from people logging off when a reset is near, I've noticed it more than a few times recently.  Like the other night each side had around 75 but Rooks suddenly dropped to near 50 right when the only thing Bish needed to win was a Rook base.  And with the new system which keeps the sides at least within reason as far as population goes, can't really claim being overrun anymore.
Birds of Prey Raptors

<S> PaulB

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:45:36 AM »
i know i had morre fun working with an actual group, outside of the squad. i didn't get as many kills but it was more enjoyable.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:29:40 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
from what Ive seen, teamwork is tad easier when you have numbers...
I checked the numbers right before we captured the last base.  Numbers were 58 Bish, 52 Rook and 47 Knight.  Hardly overwhelming numbers.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »
dont know about that reset...just the ones im in there for.  Last night in orange was nice and even...was pleasant surprise.

I have logged in quite a few nights this past week with b-120 k-120 r-80.
more than one occasion.  I dont mind...plenty to shoot at...and not saying teamwork not taking place...hope it is.

Last night was fun...everyone was within 20 of each other.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 11:18:36 AM »
The night of the first bish reset, my perk mult was .6
What kind of numbers does that equate to?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:24:17 AM »
ive been getting perk point mulitpliers of over 2.   typically its in the 1.5 - 1.7 range.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »
Originally posted by sullie363
The past couple resets the numbers have been pretty even, or at least two of the sides have been even.  Rooks seem to suffer from people logging off when a reset is near, I've noticed it more than a few times recently.  Like the other night each side had around 75 but Rooks suddenly dropped to near 50 right when the only thing Bish needed to win was a Rook base.  And with the new system which keeps the sides at least within reason as far as population goes, can't really claim being overrun anymore.

Thats the one thing the previous fix to this new system didn't allow for.

If a country was close to reset they probably couldn't jump arenas, so they logged off (kinda like pre all the changes).

Result was the country that had worked hard to get close to the reset was suddenly hit with long queues to take off.
It's the one thing I hated about it, it penalised teamwork and rewarded logging off.
At least thats gone now.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »
Is side balancing suposed to be in place right now? Blue has 97 bish, 60 rooks, 63 nits, Bish running over it--- How is this supposed to be different?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Is side balancing suposed to be in place right now? Blue has 97 bish, 60 rooks, 63 nits, Bish running over it--- How is this supposed to be different?

Old ENY system is back in place, i.e. you lose the later aircraft.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Old ENY system is back in place, i.e. you lose the later aircraft.

Dang. Id have preferred the newer one-Right now Bish up 108 to 80 to 50--their ENY only 18, bish 3.4--more than DOUBLE, and they get all the 109's, spit9, all jugs save the N--hardly restrictive
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/