Author Topic: Name change  (Read 383 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Name change
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »
I know that this does not belong here, but in truth I cannot figure out where it does.  My identification in the simulator is "Aerial," which is short for my old IL-2 identification, Aerial Target.  However, I'm fed up with people calling me "Ariel," asking me if I am a girl, and cracking mermaid jokes.  So, I attempted to change my identification to "Aetherius," which is essentially Roman Latin for "Aerial" and which I consider an aesthetically pleasing yet manly name.

However, it appears that we are not allowed to change our game identifications.  This is not unreasonable, but there is no warning anywhere during the sign-up process or anywhere else when getting started.  So I must now bother the adminstrators here; would you please be so kind as to, if possible, change my game identification from "Aerial" to "Aetherius"?

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Name change
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:25:06 PM »
Just email pyro I think, or maybe skuzzy.  Be sure to say you don't mind loosing all your perks, because you will.  Also I think the in game ID's are 8 chars only.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Name change
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »
I believe gameID changes goto billing AT hitechcreations DOT com or a phone call for a more immediate response.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Name change
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 05:40:14 PM »
Do I have to be a paying member?

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Name change
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »
If you're going for mythological roots then be bold....I'd recommend Zeus...and I'd like to meet Aphrodite if you can hook us up.  :aok
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Name change
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:32:31 PM »
It seems to me I changed my CPID once very early on but it was so long ago I forget how I did it, but I did it in-game without having to e-mail anyone.  Try going into the officers club and scrounging around.  It seems to me it was in there somewhere.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Name change
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 02:30:05 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
It seems to me I changed my CPID once very early on but it was so long ago I forget how I did it, but I did it in-game without having to e-mail anyone.  Try going into the officers club and scrounging around.  It seems to me it was in there somewhere.

Not sure about the past, but nowadays you can only change capitalisation of the Cpid there Bald.

And yes, mail goes to Carrie at billing @ hitechcreations.com.

Benny, if youre a freeloader anyway, you can just make a new account. (I remember carrie or Skuzzy saying that a name change is easier for them though).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Name change
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 03:16:14 AM »
Thanks.