Author Topic: Which AH planes should be next to be remodeled to AH2 standards  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Which AH planes should be next to be remodeled to AH2 standards
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 01:10:45 AM »
Ta 152,  Temp/Typh cockpits.

Ugliest by far.  Don't really fly the TA much but it is that bad it made me laugh last time i flew it.  

Temp/ typh  also is in the need of a little love two of my favourite planes

Screw the lalas   :)

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Spiritin

• Nickel Member
Give us a proper Mossie please?
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »
The Mosquito gets my vote for the model that most needs changing.
In reality this aircraft was far superior to the slow heavy version in AH2
C'mon guys please!
"I'm just going for a spin in the old Lagonda with a brace of popsies"

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 09:03:10 AM »
we SHOULD have more mossies, there were so many of them, also i belive the top speed in AH is 8/9 mph slower than it was in real life. they were som later modeled mossies that were so much better, and mossie bombers. i fly the mossie more than most as my granfarther help create the 'wooden wonder' and the airfield/factory of De-Haviland is 5 miles from my house, it's now been turned into sports university but thats another story:eek:

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »
Folks, I'm relatively certain that the graphic updates to aircraft are predicated upon the needs for Combat Tour, not upon how ugly the current graphics are.

They have updated or introduced new versions of the Spitfires, the 109s, the 190s, the P-51s, the P-38s, the B-17, the B-24 and the P-47s. This group is needed for the debut of Combat Tour, which will be an ETO show.

They just recently updated the F4Us. Keeping in mind that the three USAAF fighters were done, and the Ki-84 is complete, does this not indicate that the second tour of CT will be a Pacific war set-up? I believe that it does. Thus, I expect that the F6Fs, Zeros, N1K2-J, Ki-61, F4F/FM-2 and P-40s will likely be next in line.

Don't expect the Mossie to be updated in the short term, or the Russian fighters either. Even if the Typhoon and Tempest are scripted into the ETO tour, they will probably go as they are.

Inasmuch as the time and effort involved in updating aircraft graphics is substantial, I'm sure HTC will focus on what is needed short-term.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »
i would rather see more planes, and them all with some cosmetic surgery than combat tour.;)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »
I say finish the bluebirds (Hellcats, Wildcats, TBM, SBD) - followed by the Brits (Typh, Temp, Hurri's & Mossie)... then the La's... then the Japanese birds...  

Just my $.02

;)

Offline skycaptn

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 01:57:46 AM »
FINISH THE PERK PLANES!!!

Would be nice to have a pretty new 262 for your 300 perkies :)

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 03:35:30 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
we SHOULD have more mossies, there were so many of them, also i belive the top speed in AH is 8/9 mph slower than it was in real life. they were som later modeled mossies that were so much better, and mossie bombers. i fly the mossie more than most as my granfarther help create the 'wooden wonder' and the airfield/factory of De-Haviland is 5 miles from my house, it's now been turned into sports university but thats another story:eek:

I've been to the De-Haviland museum - great place. I really want a fuller range of mossies too. They went in high and fast, and/or low and fast. They were used as fighters and bombers and for attack/strike and pathfinding. They relied on their speed and surprise.

Some even took pretty heavy bombloads - completely un-modelled in AH.

I don't know of a real equivalent elsewhere.

Also I heard that they could take quite a bit of punishment too - didn't one of them return home with a chimney embedded in its tail? That must have been an intersting experinece.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »
they were also as 'special ops. plane' they once broke open a german POW camp doors and hundreds of RAF pilots were relieved from capture.
but they really need remodelling in here.