Author Topic: Your Dweebiest Moment  (Read 2433 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 07:24:34 AM »

of dooooooom....

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline wt666

• Zinc Member
Bombing fiasco
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 07:51:48 AM »
In the first couple of weeks playing this game I finally learned with Thunderegg and Flaydones assistance how to use the dang bombsight and hit targets.

On one mission I was over a base that was hotly contested and the bish were in the process of taking the place...

While over the bombsight I was so intense on hitting something...anything...for once that I completely missed the VOX calls that we had taken the base.

These calls then turned into "Dont drop" calls. Needless to say for the first time i dropped a fighter hanger, the only one that had popped up by the way on a newly captured Bish base...yeah pretty impressive moment there.

Luckily we managed to hang on to the place without fighters...major dweeb moment complicated by my celebration of the FH destruction, which was followed by about 12 notifications that I had killed our hanger.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »
Dweebiest or most retarded moments:

Anytime I neglect to select a runway, hangar launching a bomber mission.:furious
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »
Thought I'd try a 109 for the first time this year.  Augered the first one, upped again and augered the second one in the same tactic.  Same guy got the proxy on both.....
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 11:28:13 AM »
Originally posted by thndregg
Dweebiest or most retarded moments:

Anytime I neglect to select a runway, hangar launching a bomber mission.:furious

sounds like betty's first mission :lol
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 11:39:23 AM »
Ripping the wing tips off on my first 4 hard earned 262 sorties loosing all 4 in the process.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Bombing fiasco
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 11:47:13 AM »
Originally posted by wt666
Luckily we managed to hang on to the place without fighters...major dweeb moment complicated by my celebration of the FH destruction, which was followed by about 12 notifications that I had killed our hanger.

I've never known of a time where ProtectObjects was off in the MAs. That's the setting that, when on, doesn't count friendly damage to objects.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 12:04:07 PM »
There are so many....:o

Pressing Alt-F4 to get to the help file!

gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 03:49:32 PM »
(nostalgia) For the first time I have enough perks to fly a 262! Excellent. The ENY situation means that I can be a jet jockey. I have practised taking off and landing a couple of times, and I probably have as much experience flying the 262 as a real-life Luftwaffe pilot of 1945. I resolve to be cautious as I fly my first flight in a 262.

I am in the air, flying around at twilight in my 262, laughing at the other players as they crawl slowly through the air with their old-fashioned pistons and propellors. I see a P51 above me, and I climb to meet it, and by a fluke I land a hit and it disintegrates! He didn't see me coming. I vertically intercept a P47 that is climbing out of a dive, and miss, but I almost had him. No-one comes close to hitting me. I am king of the world! You little people in your obsolete machines, you are the past. I am drunk on power. I might not score any more kills but I am at least master of my fate.

Drunk on power I engage a B17, which in retrospect was a ridiculous decision. Its first shot gives me a pilot wound. Blood on the glass. Lots of it. Nasty. I scurry back to base as fast as I can. I make it! I am going to live. When I land I will have a big dollop of black pudding and twelve pints of Guinness. That will restore the lost blood.

I come in for landing, which is tricky in a 262. I have slowed right down. When landing a 262 I have found that there is a final approach, and after that there is a final, final approach. I don't quite reach the final, final approach when my head starts to droop and my vision blacks out. I am about a hundred feet off the ground and going at 220mph, but my engines are off and the flaps are out. I hit the autopilot and turn the engines back on. For a few moments I worry if I am going to hit the hill that is directly behind the base, or if I am going to stall.

I recover consciousness but I am past the runway. I turn around and dodge the hill, and almost line up on one of the shorter runways, but I lose consciousness again and drift over the base, again, at about a hundred feet and 220mph.

This goes on for several passes. My bouts of unconsciousness are in synch with my landing approaches. I should have taken a chance and flown away from the base for a short while, and made a better approach, but I wasn't sure how much blood I had left so I screwed the whole thing again and again.

Eventually I expire about a hundred feet above the middle of the base, travelling at about 220mph.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2006, 05:44:22 PM »
Taking an osti to a strat trgt, long drive, level the place.  Enmy shows up in osti and I .ef

not much hull gun left tho =)
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2006, 11:51:12 PM »
sat at the end of a runway of a field we were taking in a tank and killed 11 guys trying to take off. very dweebish but i only got 1/3 the kills the guy on the other side of said runway got.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Bombing fiasco
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2006, 12:24:24 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
I've never known of a time where ProtectObjects was off in the MAs. That's the setting that, when on, doesn't count friendly damage to objects.

They might have just been in the process of taking the base...goon in sight of the map room sort of thing.  So in the minutes before taking it, he was able to drop the last FH before their drunks ran in...just a thought.

:)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2006, 12:33:32 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
finished typing text, went to hit enter nothing happened.. hit it twice more....lol

Now thats funny.  LMAO.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2006, 12:38:52 AM »
Originally posted by hogenbor
Flying in a P-51, just below cloud level. I'm relatively high and fast, someone higher can't see me, what can happen? Then the familiar sound of bullets hitting me and some loud crashes indicating major damage. I tumble helplessly to the ground.

When enjoying my plummet to certain death I see a tailless P-47 tumble down with me. Turns out that he was shot down above me and on his way down got a million to one chance to shoot at me... and hit!

Wow.  I'm glad I'm not you lol.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline skycaptn

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2006, 06:02:13 AM »
im told the dweebiest thing ive done was eat the 68 group alive in aircombat over and over again last night.