Author Topic: Mic problems  (Read 365 times)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Mic problems
« on: December 20, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
I just got a mic and have been trying to use it online, but I don't think anyone can hear me. Is there a way to figure out if your mic is working?

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Mic problems
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »
From your start menu, select: Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound recorder. Try recording a bit while talking. If you can't hear anything, select "Volume control" from the same place (Accessories, Entertainment) and from Options -> Properties, choose Recording, you can select your input device there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:17:12 PM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Mic problems
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »
When you got your mic working in widows, easy test for ingame is: tune the last radio channel (voice) to your own callsign... then hold T while talking. You (should) hear a time delayed transmission of yourself.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Mic problems
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:34:25 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Mic problems
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:10:28 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
When you got your mic working in widows, easy test for ingame is: tune the last radio channel (voice) to your own callsign... then hold T while talking. You (should) hear a time delayed transmission of yourself.

I do this myself using the dot command
.Radio 5 Blagard

I tend to use the Range channel afterwards but recently wanted to use the "T" channel again.
How do you retune back to the general frequency ?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Mic problems
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 03:32:38 AM »
Originally posted by Blagard
I do this myself using the dot command
.Radio 5 Blagard

I tend to use the Range channel afterwards but recently wanted to use the "T" channel again.
How do you retune back to the general frequency ?

Blagard, there is no "general" frequency that everyone is on. By default, youre on number channel 101 - hence most new players are on that one.

Mostly, voice channel is used by Squads to communicate over distances (ie outside of range). They have it tuned to "their own" number (between 102 and 199).

Note that you can only talk to people (with T) that are on the same channel as you - otherwise they cannot hear you. You get a listing of who is on channel with you when you open the chat text box, in the upper right corner of the screen.

To retune to 101 (or any other channel), use the .radio 5 ### command or click in the V box, delete whats in and type you new channel (Enter twice).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Mic problems
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 02:53:47 PM »
Ah Great Schatzi

It was the default I was clueless about

Thanks