Author Topic: Hitech, question for you  (Read 325 times)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Hitech, question for you
« on: December 10, 2000, 07:50:00 PM »
I was looking in my Windows > system folder earlier today to see why this computer has recently been acting strangely on any application requiring a dial-up connection.  While looking through the folder I noticed that there are squad art bitmaps being stored in there???    Is AH supposed to store squad art bitmaps.  Their names aren't the squad co names exactly:  They are like tmpwolf37.bmp tmpwardog.bmp tmpbatmann.bmp.

Is AH supposed to temporarily store squad bitmaps of all the squads you have recently encountered in the Windows System folder?

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hitech, question for you
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »
Bloom, you can clean that folder out if you wish, it updates the folder once again when you log into the main arena.  After logging in, you can view all the bmps that auto-upload onto your FE, this allows you to see nosearts.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Hitech, question for you
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2000, 11:09:00 PM »
Ripsnort this ISN'T the squads folder.  It's the Windows\system folder.  (Clearing that out, well LOL, this computer would really have problems then.   )

I REALLY need an answer from HT.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Hitech, question for you
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »
Well after 4 days work I discovered the problem.  It was a brand new trojan horse.  Check out my General Discussion forum thread for the details.  

I guess in a way I need to thank HTC for tipping me off to the problem.  Read the thread and you'll see why.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS