Author Topic: How to get the film viewer?  (Read 265 times)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
How to get the film viewer?
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »
Someone told me but I forgot. How do you get the viewer to watch all these cool films? And were are the films that I make stored? I've been running with the red "R" on but can't find my recordings. ????

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:56:48 PM »
the film viewer comes with the game download and the files u are looking for are in the HTC folder in a sub folder called "films" ..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
The viewer is a separate program so you don't fire up your normal Aces High front end. Hopefully you will find the viewer shortcut in the same place as your normal Aces High shortcut.

Then its simply a "file ... open" exercise navigating to your films directory.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 06:52:50 PM »
Some quick notes on the film viewer. Let me know if you have any troubles. :)

START > PROGRAMS > Aces High II > Aces High II Film Viewer. Or launch it directly from your game install (C:\Programs\HTC\Aces High II\ahfilm.exe).

After the first time running it, AHF files are automatically associated with the viewer and you can double click a film to open it. One side note though: You cannot start the viewer while the game is open.

To view the films, I usually do so in External View, with Trails, Icons and Recorded Views checked. This gives you a good overview of what happened and who pulled which move. Switching to Internal will give you an idea on how a certain move looks from the inside of the cockpit. Note that you can adjust your head positions in the viewer just like you do in game (arrow keys, page up/down, F10 to save) and that you can also (if youre not using recorded views) use the numpad to look around.
Double clicking a name on the list to the right will let you view the film from another planes point of view. Sometimes its useful to go to the opponents plane and watch yourself flying, how it looked from his point of view. Dont use recorded views if you do that, as those are always *your* views (where you looked to), not the opponents.

Filming and reviewing your fights can be a great learning tool - sometimes the "miracle cheat move" the opponent pulled on you is a simple thing and you can do it yourself next time.

You can also record your own films in game. ALT_R starts/ends recording. While film is capturing, you can see a red R in the upper left corner of your screen. The films are saved as film##.ahf file in your games film folder (C:\Programs\HTC\Aces High II\Films\).
21 is only half the truth.