Author Topic: Mannable town guns?  (Read 451 times)

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Mannable town guns?
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »
Title says it all....thoughts?  Coding might be a problem...but I'd man one.

Same for strat targets too.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
ought to make every single one of em man acks.  base too.  auto ack is crazy   :eek:
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:49:09 PM »
Howz-a-bout a vh at the strats?

Manable town guns and strat guns would be cool too. I wouldn't mind having manable 5" flacks guns at HQ and large strats too. That would be at least some kind of challenge for the milk-delivering few.

My $.02
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 10:29:29 PM »
I like both ideas.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »
Sounds reasonable:aok

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 12:51:26 AM »
Coding mannable town acks wouldn't be a problem. They just have to plop one in there and it'd show up in the hanger.

Making mannables at strat targets would be difficult, however. They'd need to become "bases," meaning a tower, hanger, and possibly an entire revamp of the current strat system.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 01:22:15 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Making mannables at strat targets would be difficult, however. They'd need to become "bases," meaning a tower, hanger, and possibly an entire revamp of the current strat system.

That is actually a grat idea.. at least for SEA/AvA terrains. Integrating the strats with V-bases. It would make the strats more defensible and the GV fights while capturing a strat-V-base would be like street fighting.

Prolly one of the biggest problems is that all strats in a zone change ownership according to zone master. One would not want a situation where in such untegrated location the V-base and the actual strat belonged to different countries.

Maybe it would be easiest if they just made the strats capturable!!! :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 01:24:17 AM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 04:09:46 AM »
Not saying it isn't a great idea, but rather one that would take a lot of time to implement.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Mannable town guns?
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:24:08 AM »
Good ideas but probably should be in the wishlist forum.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.