Author Topic: Hitech Creations...  (Read 823 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Hitech Creations...
« on: January 01, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »
I've been paying you 6+ years to play this game, and right now Im pretty fired up.  Please check your mail, I saw a guy type an entire line of cursewords, and my chat is suspended for calling him "A classic *******"???

Im sure a few of you are familiar with Drunnky, or drunky87.  Yup, my chat is disabled and this guys free to speak

:mad:

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »
:lol

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 09:47:41 PM »
No not funny golfboy..

Its a real pain in my butt.  I have never been muted by a moderator, and maybe muted once for cussing on a private channel repeatedly.

So how do I just loose my text privs?

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »
Lazer chat is normally only disabled for 10 minutes.  Aside from that bit of info for you, you really need to keep this off the BBS.

If you are having a problem with another player email HTC (which you have already done).

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
Ya, I shoulda held back on the post.

BUT, I was upset that im losing privs for no reason.  There should be 75 other people in that arena without text if I don't have it.

Sorry for posting this HTC, its in the mail though too. :D

Offline Dr1337

• Zinc Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 10:26:17 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
Lazer chat is normally only disabled for 10 minutes.  Aside from that bit of info for you, you really need to keep this off the BBS.

If you are having a problem with another player email HTC (which you have already done).

cheers,
RTR

You know what tho, this is BS because Drunky has been coming on in the last few days and just cussing up a storm EVERY night and nothing is being done about it. Betty can attest to the crap hes been pulling. Ive reported him. As far as I'm concerned this SHOULD be on the boards to let everyone in the community know what a punk this guy is. He doesn't belong in the game. Everyone is entitled to a little crap talking (i know i do it a lot) but theres a line and hes stepped WAY over it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
I reported it too, obviously wasnt a human mod in Blue tonite
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »
even better was the 5 mins of .s lazer spam we endured from him.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »
Originally posted by pluck
even better was the 5 mins of .s lazer spam we endured from him.

Yep and a lot of us warned him to knock that crap off or it would be his head.  I don't know about anything on 200 as I don't monitor it, but a lot of us were getting annoyed by the constant spams of salutes to Lazer.  The bottoms line is a person gets annoyed by anything on 200, he don't have to listen to it or be bothered by it.  Bringing it to the text buffer in the form of constant salutes is just downright rude and crude and socially unacceptable.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 01:42:38 AM »
I was there as well Lazer and saw what Drunnky had said on Channel 200 so I had reported it and the constant .s spam he was throwing your way.  Now we should leave this in the hands of HTC for them to deal with.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 03:17:31 AM »
I don't have a dog in this fight and I wasn't there for any of the tirade referenced in this post.  However, several things you may want to consider:

1.  The temporary loss of vox/text comes from the moderators who may be on and catch the abusive language text. (Is this correct?)  As a result, the other offending party may also have been silenced also but you just don't know about his/her issued punishment.

2.  One also may consider that the emails and report messages may not have gone unnoticed, but due to the holiday, no one was present to read them (yet).  It may be that HTC will receive the information upon the open of business today, review the material and take appropriate action.

Again, I do have a dog in this fight and am not defending or condoning any particular behavior.  If the offending tirade is what it has been made out to be, I absolutely agree that some punitive measure should be issued.  The main point I would suggest is that even though the response from HTC is not immediate, that doesn't mean it isn't or won't be addressed.  Additionally, I might also suggest that in the event HTC does or did issue some form of admonishment, I doubt they will (in the interests of good business and privacy) inform the community/public as to what steps were taken.  It may have just been addressed privately and quietly with the offender in question.
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 04:02:30 AM »
There is another person that also has been acting nuts in the arenas and i suspect he has caused everyone alot of grief.. I reported him on PM in here and for a few days he didnt speak up at all, but now he is back. :D

Sometimes you have to laugh at them tho when they get so upset by getting shot down that they actually spend several minutes of their lives talking crap to you on privat text and 200 at the same time.

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 04:08:17 AM »
How does the moderation thing work?  I typed something vulgar on one particular occasion and was given a warning.  I then typed something not vulgar as a followup and was muted.  If there is a human element involved, it might be that I said something against someones "buddy" and then got muted.  I repeatedly asked what was the final offense to get mutted once I got text back and never saw a reply.  Is it automated or is it clicky?

Muttman

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 04:14:13 AM »
I could be mistaken, but I think there is live moderators who monitor text and vox traffic when on.  But there is also an AI code that is able to pick up on specific programmed text.  When it reads one of the "forbidden" text, it deletes the message before posting and then warns the typing offender.  Subsequent foul language in text results in auto-mute.

As I said, I could be wrong, but this is how I understand the system to be.

Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Hitech Creations...
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 05:51:37 AM »
You already sent in an email to us, which is the correct way to handle matters concerning problems with another player.  Posting said problems on the board is never a way to resolve possible player issues.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com