Author Topic: the perfect aircraft...  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 04:01:23 AM »
La7. Once you have made a kill in an la7, please promptly remove your flight suit, remove your pants, and castrate yourself so as to save us the trouble. Please, dont fly a plane just because its teh ub3r 1337. Find a plane you actually LIKE and fly that. And if you cannot find a plane you like, leave the game.

Oh, and isnt the K4 a bit too difficult for a n00b? Especially with that cannon, its pretty hard to aim. It has the speed, definately, but it will never pull the maneuvers ive seen Spixteens do, nor does it have the easy-mode-aim he seeks.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 04:14:30 AM »
Originally posted by benziel
Im loking for an aircraft with the performance of a spitfire XVI,  the acuarracy of a P-38L and the velocity of a Me 262...

Or anything close to that IF its even possible

OK, not sure if someone seriously answered your question yet, LoL.

Here goes:

To new players (to the game and/or flight Sims), I usually recommend a Spitfire MkVIII or MkIX or a F6F (needs flap work though!). All three have good overall performances and pretty much forgiving handling.

The most important thing - rather then what you fly is: Stick to it for a while. Pick one plane and learn it, inside out and upside down. Get to know its strenghts, weaknesses, what it likes, what it doesnt like. Then get to know how you perform regarding your opponent.... *his* strenghts, weaknesses and use them AGAINST him.

At this point, it might help to actually fly your opponents plane type a few times, to get a feel for it yourself.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 05:44:01 AM »
Originally posted by Reynolds

Oh, and isnt the K4 a bit too difficult for a n00b? Especially with that cannon, its pretty hard to aim. It has the speed, definately, but it will never pull the maneuvers ive seen Spixteens do, nor does it have the easy-mode-aim he seeks.

It's not a n00b ride, I don't think. It isn't easy to fly, it needs to be trimmed to save suicide-dives, needs flaps to turn and the cannon requires good aim and smart ammunition management.

To land any more than 2 kills in it, it requires some skill to fly.

Once you know how to fly it, it's pretty ****ing deadly!
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: Re: the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
The most important thing - rather then what you fly is: Stick to it for a while. Pick one plane and learn it, inside out and upside down. Get to know its strenghts, weaknesses, what it likes, what it doesnt like. Then get to know how you perform regarding your opponent.... *his* strenghts, weaknesses and use them AGAINST him.

Easily the best advice you'll read anywhere here.  For me, my favorite has always been the 109 in it's many variants, my favorites are the K4 and the F4...truly two completely different beasts.

First, find a plane you like, then find the variant you like.  The later the model doesn't always mean the better plane.  Once you find one you like, spend as much time as you can in it.

Of course...everyone needs a break now and again.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »
P38G   Just sayin :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
Greetings,

Three words:

Forty. Seven. Nancy.

Regards,

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 05:14:24 PM »
Learn to fly any Bf109:s first and you can fly them all... never need to unlearn (m)any bad habits ;)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:15 PM »
the most perfect killing machine for any circumstance in the MA that we have available is the La7.

jets do not count because they are a novelty item and hardly what you would take to a dogfight that you had to use acms in.

with fuel burn at x1 the la7 would be the most impressive plane in every catagory except long range gunnery.

it will out manouver an A6m or hurricane2c, and it will chase down a 190D or a P51.

it baffles the mind that an aircraft with the potential to dominate any plane in the game can be flown with so little skill by so many.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 05:50:08 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
it will out manouver an A6m or hurricane2c, and it will chase down a 190D or a P51.

I disagree on it outmaneuvering the HMk2C and the Zeke. Not, if those planes are flown by a fairly able pilot with stall limiter off.

Offline rauchen

• Zinc Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:38 AM »
I love to run into LA-7s when I fly the Zeke (A6M5).

Most La-7 drivers try the turn & burn, giving up their massive speed advantage and in about 2 turns they are doomed.  The trick is to use vertical turns (yes , even in a Zeke) so the La-7 pilot doesn't realize how fast you're gaining on him and decide to run.

A few of these encounters & I have enuf points for a 262.

If the La-7 is well flown I don't really stand a chance, but I can't remember the last time that happened....

The Hurri IID with the 40mm will outturn an La-7 too. And when you hit an La-7 with 40mm rounds there is a satisfying kaboom.  The Fm-2 & F4F are faster & turn better and will bag the La sooner, but with much less drama.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
Originally posted by benziel
O i forgot...

And it must be playable in most 8 player games

The special rare aircraft are only enabled for paying subscribers. Freeloaders do not get this
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 12:58:51 PM »
anyone here who doesnt think the la7 will dominate a A6m or a huri2c can come to the DA and i'll show them.

if I fail i will hunt down 2bighorn/airvent to demonstrate for me.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 07:37:20 AM »
the only thing that isnt super esy mode about the K4 is gunnery.  everything else, the K4 is more dweeby than a p51 or la7 :)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 08:36:11 AM »
anyone here who doesnt think the la7 will dominate a A6m or a huri2c can come to the DA and i'll show them.

if I fail i will hunt down 2bighorn/airvent to demonstrate for me.

You said "outmaneuver"... not beat :) - if the Hurr or Zeke manages to sucker the La7 into an angles fight, its pretty much dead meat.

But im game for a few goes... lets see what we come up with Bat!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
the perfect aircraft...
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »
jets do not count because they are a novelty item and hardly what you would take to a dogfight that you had to use acms in.

Novelty maybe.  What you would take into a dogfight where you had to use acms?... absolutely.  I'll take a 163 into a dogfight where I have to use acm's at any and every opportunity that's available to me even if I have to fly 2-3 sectors to get there.

From another post I had in another thread:

I've had some great dog fights on the deck in a 163 against any and every type of prop fighter.

Last week I took down a pair of P-51's. Right after that I was fighting a Spit an F6F and a 190 and got two of them and later that night I broke up a flight of about 30 P-38's. I made every single one of them drop their ord and turn to fight me taking 2. Other than the P-51's my fights were 2-3 sectors from the 163 base.

I flew 4 163 missions that night with no fewer than 2 kills but no more than 3 and landed every one back at the 163 base. Only one was against bombers (3 B-26's on the deck).

And this was just one night among many.

The ME163 is an awsome all-around fighter, has range to go three to four sectors and still get in a fight, can saddle up with the best turn fighters, will out-run and out climb anything else in the game and will almost always bring you home alive with kills.

[EDIT]  Thought I better come back just to say that I wouldn't recommend taking a 163 into a dogfight or even try to fly it more than a sector until you have some experience in the game in prop fighters and have your acm's and sa down pat AND have other flight experience in the 163.  I know a lot of noobs visit this thread and if they read this they are just going to go out and lawn-dart their hard-earned perks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:32:17 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.