Author Topic: British fighter (mostly Spit) squad  (Read 1743 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
British fighter (mostly Spit) squad
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
Phil,

What's your in-game handle?  Mine is the same as here.  I'm usually on-line after 8 or 9 PM CST evenings for an hour or two and most weekend evenings/nights.

Everything stated in my updated requirements post is what we look for having dropped the mostly British birds part.  That one requirement would probably have kept our band from forming.

We now have 5 members including myself.  We fly anything and everything but we always try to take off with matched planes, rotating the flight plans, plane selections and mission leads among us.  If you're up for learning new planes through combat this is the squad for you.  Most of us land multiple kills in planes we've never flown when together.

As it turns out, EA3B has a preference for Spit's so he and I will fly them together often but we've recently flown F6F-5's, FM2's, Hurri IIC's, FW-190 A8's, FW-190 D9's, F4U-1A's, F4U-1C's, P-51B's, P-51D's, Spit V's, Spit VIII's, Spit XVI's and others.

We're all pretty experienced so diving into outnumbered situations together is where you'll often find us.

Our wing tactics are loose but coming together as we learn each others abilities and tendancies but our communications skills are sometimes outstanding which is the key to wing play.  If you're interested I had a couple of posts in the Help and Training forum in a thread called (something like) Real Life Wingman Tactics that pretty well sums up my philosophy on the topic.

If you'd like to wing with us look any of us up.  The squad is The Wingmen.

BTW, I don't use PM on the BBs.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Spit Squadron
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
BaldEagle,

I'll try to find you in the arena one night.  I've only been on AH about 2 months.  Used to fly AW long long ago.  I'm a confirmed Spit dweeb.  Seafire if I have to take off from a carrier.  I'm interested in learing/practicing some wingman tactics.  Don't have quite the kill/sortie ratio you were looking for, but I tend to make some bad decisions when flying alone.  

Carwash

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
British fighter (mostly Spit) squad
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
Carwash,  welcome aboard.  Had fun last night.  Looking forward to doing it again.

Phil,  I've got PM enabled now if you still want to talk/meet up for a fly together.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.