Author Topic: AH 1 or AH II Vote Here  (Read 1215 times)

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
AH1 was a lot better. My pc didn't have the first struggle with AH1, with AH2 I'm constantly having frame rate issues.

I also miss the fuel being porked to 25%. Sure it sucked when it porked at a field I wanted to up at, but I think it made it more chalenging. Give the strat guys more targets to hit as well as defenders more of a reason to defend.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »
AH1 for the reasons already listed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »
AcesHigh 1  .
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 08:19:21 PM »
Originally posted by FBTazzz
Which do you like Better AH Original or the Current AH II???

I don't think there's any doubt but that AH2 is the better program.  Flight models are better, gunnery models are better, graphics are better, without requiring a whole lot more computer horsepower.

I think the player base has changed a lot since AH1.  My sense is that there is a smaller proportion of people dedicated to WWII aerial combat now than there was then.  That's why many of us remember AH1 as having better fights (that, and the fact that we're aging and losing our minds).

So:  if you took the current player base, and re-installed AH1, I think the game would be slightly worse.  

- oldman (hey, you asked)

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 09:36:55 PM »
AH1, I miss the massive furball at the start of the map for the first 10-15 minutes.  AHII has it's good points too, I'm just a bit nostalgic sometimes.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 12:23:38 AM »
AH I

Steve

Offline mandingo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://sportsbybrooks.com/MP169.html
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 01:05:33 AM »
Had more fun in AH1, especially before the first flight model change.

nathbdp

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 01:16:22 AM »
def AHI :) started on there as 91488 and played for a few months then quit due to real life issues came back when AHII came out and been playing off and on since.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 02:20:43 AM »
i joined AH1 sometime in 2003 and it was at its peak of enjoyment and good attitudes right then, that i have seen.

slowly from that time onwards the lameplay increased, the bickering and egos got louder, the community doubled and the gameplay got less combat orientated.

i remember my first mission, i had the good fortune to wing up with Wolfala suring my two week trial and that cat showed me some of the coolest things in just a few hours.

i remember on pizza map we flew with our loverly fuel burn X1 settings for hours, and when the enemy stopped coming he showed me something which made me think he was cool as a cucumber in a freezer from that day on,  he guided us down to land on a road just outside the radar circle of enemy base and we waited there saving our fuel for the dar bar to come back.....   suddenly he shouts over vox

'oh crap, get off the road quick'

'ok why, whats going on......'   BAM!  

i got hit by a titanium convoy of trucks going 120mph.

other times i would fly out and be talking on channel 1 to the enemy, we would meet up fly wing to wing for a few hundred yards then break off and seperate for the fight to start.

things like that dont happen anymore.

despite how much i miss those days of novelty experiences each time i logged in, the improvements to the game model itself  easily make up for the degredation of gameplay and comunity spirit and fair play fighting.

AH1 looked good for its time, but now it would be shockingly bad visually. we forget how much the little touches like smoke on engine start up, oil on screen, fire that looks like fire and not tinfoil flapping behind your plane.

AH2 is 110% the better game, with about a 10% decrease in the quality of community since ive been playing.

i could not live without vast upgrades between the two games now ive been playing the better version for so long.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 02:30:19 AM »
It is human nature to only remember what was good and not what was bad... one can remember plesant feelings but not painfull ones...

hence what once was is always remembered as better then what we have today...

In one way this pathetic human nature is good... without it there would never ever have been more then one child born per woman and we would have been extinct long ago...

Tex

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 03:54:51 AM »
votes like this make my bellybutton twitch
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 05:13:29 AM »
Aces High 2 Version 1 :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »
AH2 far better. As for gameplay and overall atmosphere it is people not digit in name.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
AH1 for the reasons already listed.

Same here...for the feeling of freedom as well.

The current AH2 is to GD restricting.

Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i joined AH1 sometime in 2003 and it was at its peak of enjoyment and good attitudes right then, that i have seen.

slowly from that time onwards the lameplay increased, the bickering and egos got louder, the community doubled and the gameplay got less combat orientated.

i remember my first mission, i had the good fortune to wing up with Wolfala suring my two week trial and that cat showed me some of the coolest things in just a few hours.

i remember on pizza map we flew with our loverly fuel burn X1 settings for hours, and when the enemy stopped coming he showed me something which made me think he was cool as a cucumber in a freezer from that day on,  he guided us down to land on a road just outside the radar circle of enemy base and we waited there saving our fuel for the dar bar to come back.....   suddenly he shouts over vox

'oh crap, get off the road quick'

'ok why, whats going on......'   BAM!  

i got hit by a titanium convoy of trucks going 120mph.

other times i would fly out and be talking on channel 1 to the enemy, we would meet up fly wing to wing for a few hundred yards then break off and seperate for the fight to start.

things like that dont happen anymore.

despite how much i miss those days of novelty experiences each time i logged in, the improvements to the game model itself  easily make up for the degredation of gameplay and comunity spirit and fair play fighting.

AH1 looked good for its time, but now it would be shockingly bad visually. we forget how much the little touches like smoke on engine start up, oil on screen, fire that looks like fire and not tinfoil flapping behind your plane.

AH2 is 110% the better game, with about a 10% decrease in the quality of community since ive been playing.

i could not live without vast upgrades between the two games now ive been playing the better version for so long.

See, i am the kind of person that can live without the upgrades as long as the experience is still fun.

A kinder community is always much more fun for me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:51:02 AM by Mugzeee »

storch

AH 1 or AH II Vote Here
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
votes like this make my bellybutton twitch
careful because it might not be long before skycrock comes around sniffing.