Author Topic: Pricing plans  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Pricing plans
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
heheh -lynx- I AM cow owner of a four seat low wing.. and talking about 30$US i WAS refering to the fuel only LOL
-> 1 liter AVgas is 1.5 $US here :-/

kjb

Pricing plans
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
And if I paid people $100 an hour we have even more people playing.
          HiTech

And if you had a more flexible pricing plan you would have more players too.

kjb

Belgar-

Pricing plans
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2000, 06:59:00 PM »
How can you get more flexible than $30 or £20
per month all you can eat to fly Aces High.

I for one am waiting for Flat Rate in Brand W
mainly because of the three price plans they have on offer they are not worth the flying time given, mainly because if i was flying over there my bill would go above £100 mark and yes thats with a social life too  

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Pricing plans
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2000, 09:34:00 PM »
   I am no economics major, but I would think the idea behind one price flat rate is the guy that flys 10 hours a day, 7 days a week is canceled out by the guy who flys for a couple hours every other day. SO if Hitech starts to change hourly then he looses money, Aces High goes away and I jump off a very high building. I know I wont get my moneys worth come summer "I will but you know what I mean" but I will enjoy myself anyway. I feel for those who cant affoard it, or justify spending that much, but I personally, myself, me...am greatfull for a 30 bucks a month flat rate.

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
Pricing plans
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2000, 11:07:00 PM »
I guess it comes down to your enjoyment in the end, despite the costs for some.  We won't go into what enjoyment is for people, but one thing's gotta be *numbers* in the arena.

For me, I'm still hanging in there, but it's getting real hard to justify.  The enjoyment isn't great during the weekdays. More often than not, I log off frustrated coz I've changed sides to balance play and 20 minutes later it's lopsided again and I'm off wondering the country side sight seeing.  But then that's another story...<sigh>.

Let me pose another question, how many of you would continue playing if you were paying $100/month just to *really* play on the weekends?

I'll offer my services...there are PC swapmeets around where I live.  I'm happy to go once a week to play the game at these swapmeets as a promotion.  Just need HTC's permission and maybe a promotional account  .

Ex.

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
Pricing plans
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2000, 01:39:00 AM »
Justleave pricing the way it is  

And come to an end!

maik
<JG2 Richthofen>

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Pricing plans
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2000, 04:16:00 AM »
IMO the actual pricing is not really too much expensive if you are able to fly a lot of hours. I usually fly two hours per day, an average of half a dollar per hour. But, it is clear that there are a lot of people considering 30$ a month expensive for his hours per day play ratio and IMO we need to keep them into the game.
Having 80 (in my timezone I usually find less than 60) people flying at the same time is almost right for me (preferably with only two countries). But this situation could change drastically with the new ground units. Then, 80 people won't be enought at all. I hope HT considers this very important factor.

Teapot

Pricing plans
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2000, 08:11:00 PM »
I'm in the same timezone (and squad) as Extreme, and I agree wholeheartedly with what he says.

I'm paying at the moment, but am considering the pros and cons.

AU$100.00 is a lot when I realistically only get to play in numbers on a weekend day. I also have a familiy, so best play for me is usually on Saturday.

I don't think anyone is whining. But I think the rule has been set, so in the end we'll need to choose whether the amount of fun we have (with regard to numbers in the arena) is worth the money we pay.

Still thinking
SKORNI